2014-2015 Winnebago View Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banjo123#

Hi,  I am new to the RV Forum and writing because we are seriously thinking about getting a 2014 or 2015 Winnebago View-G.  I would like to hear from current owners about their experiences both in terms of warranty issues, ease of use, driveability, towing a small car, and any other comments/concerns.  Thanks, John

We have a 2016 View G on a 2015 chassis.  We purchased new and had several warranty issues as will all brands.  We have owned three new RVs and all had warranty issues.  The rig is great to drive, gets great mileage.  We don?t tow a car since easy access to most places.

As you look at rigs, pay attention to the OCCC weight.  This is what you can load people,cargo,water, tongue weight of toad,etc.  this excludes propane and diesel.  There is a yellow sticker on the door frame of each unit unique to that build. 

I have the unit with the bunk and my OCCC is about 960 pounds. So normal stuff 2 people and 1/3 water is about at the limit.  Try to use the lightest toad you can find.  People seem to like the Honda Fit.  Load up and weight it at a truck scale.  Pay attention also to the front and rear axles limits.  We store stuff in the bunk for travel since we found we were a little heavy in the rear.

We love the bed and having a separate area.  The galley is bigger in the G too.

After you drive it for awhile you may want to consider some popular mods on all Sprinter models.  Sumo Springs front and rear help with passing truck, wind movement.  Some folks add Sway bar and Fox tuned shocks by Agile Off Road.  I have Sumos and am adding Fox Shocks to reduce rocking when exiting from driveways,etc.

Good Luck

Check into the Yahoo User Group View-Navion as you will find many owners of the same year/model.  Just like this forum no one is shy about sharing the good and the bad.  We have a 17 Navion J (corner bed) and no warranty issues.  Tow a 2010 Corolla manual transmission and use the BlueOx Aladdin towbar with a 6" drop hi/lo adapter since the angle was too great otherwise.  I think you may need to do the same.  Went with BlueOx this time over Roadmaster since it is a very simple hook/unhook procedure.  Brake system we decided on is the Roadmaster invisibrake.  Your Fiat is pretty light so you will not need much.  Some of the issues with the various models are hard to access winterize valves, as pointed out limited carrying weight.  We enjoy the small size but be sure it is for you.  If buying used, levelers and solar panels already included would be a real plus.  We have not had a stability issue when driving like we did with the 08 View.  Our 17 has no suspension mods and for us it is fine.  Good Luck with your purchase!

Back
Top Bottom