Looking for a campground with a pool in Indianapolis area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CDN_Taxman

We travel down to Indy each year for my son's baseball at Grand Park in Westfield.

Last year was the first year camping and we stayed at White River Campground. Very nice and quiet place, but no swimming pool. Anyone who's visited Indy in July knows how hot it can get so this year we are looking for a place that has a pool.

I have a 24 ft travel trailer with 30 amp service. I also travel with two dogs who wouldn't mind a dip in a local creek from time to time.

Google isn't helping much so I thought I'd ask here.......The more north towards Carmel the better, but don't mind a half hour or so drive.

Mike

Indianapolis isn't too RV friendly. The closest campground with a pool is probably the KOA on the east side, on Mt Comfort Road, just south of I-70. There might be others, but they are few and far between.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey

About the best you will do is, Mounds State Park, in Anderson IN.  About 50 minute drive.  Nice Park though.

xrated said:
Glad you clarified "July".....probably be pretty chilly this time of year!

Finally up to 0 Celsius here....32 Far.

Was down around -20 Celsius for about the past month.....- 4 F

Indianapolis KOA.  Get a KOA membership, it will pay for itself.  We use KOA for long trips.  You can reserve online and usually no telephone call is required. We've had good luck with KOAs being accommodating to late arrivals. Download the KOA app.

I'll second the Indy KOA, been there several times and always found it clean. I know they just rebuilt the swimming pool last year, with plenty of new amenities, it's almost a waterpark now. They also have a nice dog park, but I don't know if there is a place for the dogs to take a dip. North and west of Westfield is a campground called  Old Mill Run Park located in Thorntown IN. 8544 W 690 N, Thorntown, IN 46071, (765) 436-7190. Been there also, and would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom