MorRyde fold down steps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lone_star_dsl

Is there a consensus on these types of steps:

https://www.amazon.com/MOR-ryde-STP42705H-Fold-Step/dp/B01N1MLZE0/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1515456016&sr=8-10&keywords=rv+steps

We often boondock or stay in more primitive campgrounds that aren't always level. Will these adjust to variances in ground height?

Thanks

I saw these steps being used on a rig in the campground I am out. They look to be good quality and sturdy, but they don't look like they would be adjustable to differences in ground height. If the outside ground is lower, you could block them up. But if it was higher you may be stuck.

We really like the Torklift Glow steps. They fold up very easy and adjust to different terrain reality well. Very steady and the rise is less than other steps which is good for my arthritis. We highly recommend them.

Vicki

I had never heard of the Torklift steps. They look really neat from the quick view I saw on their site.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution

I have seen the Forklift steps at the dealer.  They were installed on a couple campers.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!  Much more stable!!  And adjustable.

They are high on my want list!

Here's the Big Truck Big RV (a YT channel) review of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM5mEjyOojc&t=514s ...he's a fan

Forgot to mention, we bought them from etrailer.com. Was very happy with the purchase and delivery. Mark installed them without any problems.

Vicki

We looked at it at the Cedar Creek Factory tour, and concluded the following:
Pros:
Very sturdy, and great if you are staying in the same spot for extended periods of time.
If you have 3 steps, and want to replace to 4 steps for entry, then it is a good choice.
Cons:
You have to fold the steps in then dirt from the steps make it inside the cabin
Too heavy for the wifey to manage
Butts to the lip of the door. Bouncing around on bad roads may start stressing the door frame
At rest stops there may be times when you do not have enough room to take it out, since it swings out as one piece.
If you already have a step and decide to take it out, you will have a gap in your bottom skirt of the trailer. Most people consider leaving the old steps in.

we bought the morryde steps and couldn't be happier. much more sturdier and the legs do adjust to the terrain. took about 45 minutes for me to install. wish we had bought them sooner.

We have those steps on our 2018 Montana.  Went out on a couple of trips last Fall and love the steps.  Yes they are adjustable. 

Yes they are adjustable, they do work great.  The only problem I have with them is when you stop in a rest area with trucks and other 5th wheels, is that the take up more space when you put them down, sometimes very tight to the truck or trailer beside you.  But I love them, you will never go back to conventional steps.

I can tell you they were very well received at the RV show. After stepping in and out of dozens of trailers the difference was obvious. That was on concrete of course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom