damon Daybreak Power Steering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterfives

I have just bought a 1999 Damon Daybreak 2740, the power steering is not working and the pump just blew out the new fluid, i took it to a commercial mechanics workshop in Weston Super Mare they ordered a new pump from the states "allegedly" and that one did not work, is there somewhere in the uk that i can get a replacement pump from? any help or advice will be gratefully received, Regards Peter.

Far as I know the pumps are fairly standard.

I do know that new products are "Spot checked" not 100% tested, occasionally a clunker makes it out the door.. I'd try again on a new one... Or pick one up at ye old junk yard.

NOTE: Power steering and power brakes.. SAME PUMP.. Hydroboost brakes I belierve on my RV's sister (I'm in an INtruder)

Peter,
A 1999 Damon will ride on either a Ford chassis or a Chevrolet chassis and each uses a different power steering pump. Can you identify which you have?  Both are very common items, though, and ought to be relatively easy to get even in the UK.  I'm not familiar with the parts sources in the UK, but have you tried truck parts & repair shops? The pump is probably larger than typically used on cars in the UK, but larger trucks probably have something like it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom