Keystone Vs Jayco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devildog30589

Hello All!

New to the forum but not entirely new to RV'ing.

My question to y'all is :

Which brand and/or model would you guys suggest between the Keystone Outback 266RB and Jayco Whitehawk 27RB?

Both are similar and both have rear bath, just curious to know which one is "better"? better warranty, better materials, etc.

Please feel free to chime in!!!!

8)

I'm just gonna pop some popcorn and try to stay out of this one. ;D

I know everyone says find which lay out is best for you ... blah blah blah...

but I want real honest opinions here regarding which is better and why? (obviously personal opinions).

FYI I am leaning towards the jayco whitehawk 27RB in this case HOWEVER the keystone outback 266RB is grwoing on me with the auto leveling feature (but does one really need this?)

Both Keystone and Jayco are wholly owned by Thor Industries. At any given price point I would expect them to be very similar in quality. You are back to floorplan, floorplan, floorplan.

What about the auto leveling system that the Outback offers? Is that something totally necessary or even a nice feature to have?

On a travel trailer, I wouldn't worry about. On a fiver, it's probably a good thing to have. On a motorhome, personally, I would call it a necessity. My Leprechaun doesn't have levelers, and I sure wish it did. $ times the effort to level compared to a travel trailer.

I looked at both Keystone and Jayco.  Personally I felt the build quality in Jayco was better.  I settled for a Puma, mostly over floorplan.  I biggy for me was interior ceiling height.  Keystone's were only 78", and I'm 75" without shoes, and it was creepy close to the ceiling.  The Jayco, and my Puma is 81" interior height, and is acceptable.

We have had 2 Jayco travel trailers in the past. One of main reasons is the 2 yr warranty. Our last trailer was an Eagle and had the power stabilizer jacks. They can be slow and flakey. Regular jacks and a power drill works great.

Hope this helps.

I had 2 Jayco 5ers, and then bought a new, '97 Jayco class c motor home. After 10 years with the C, I traded the motor home for a Keystone 5er, had it for 5 years. The Jayco was by far better built. That was 10-15 years ago, couldn't say now which would be best.

spencerpj said:
I looked at both Keystone and Jayco.  Personally I felt the build quality in Jayco was better.  I settled for a Puma, mostly over floorplan.  I biggy for me was interior ceiling height.  Keystone's were only 78", and I'm 75" without shoes, and it was creepy close to the ceiling.  The Jayco, and my Puma is 81" interior height, and is acceptable.

Interesting take. I?ve recently been looking to trade my keystone for a jayco as I do find the build quality to be better, but the ceiling height in my Laredo is more spacious than in the Jayco I looked at because my ceiling is arched. Granted I?m 5?3, but I still noticed a difference in the Jayco with the flat ceiling.

rvannie23 said:
Interesting take. I?ve recently been looking to trade my keystone for a jayco as I do find the build quality to be better, but the ceiling height in my Laredo is more spacious than in the Jayco I looked at because my ceiling is arched. Granted I?m 5?3, but I still noticed a difference in the Jayco with the flat ceiling.

I think Jaycos are also coming out with barreled ceilings same arched feel as keystone.

Back
Top Bottom