Inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brave Willy

Dimensions unlimited
Model 12/300T
The voltage from hot to neutral is 95 v
Voltage from hot to ground is 95 v
What is the problem

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Dimensions unlimited
Model 12/300T
What is the problem

Brave Willy said:
Dimensions unlimited
Model 12/300T
What is the problem

I wouldn't consider this a Winnebago specific issue. Should have been posted in the Tech Talk section. 
Try a different digital meter.

Rene T said:
I wouldn't consider this a Winnebago specific issue. Should have been posted in the Tech Talk section. 
Try a different digital meter.

These were mostly installed in Winnebagos

Low output voltage generally means low input.  Check your bayyeries to be sure there at leasy 12.6 VDC

I think I found my problem I traced the out put from the inverter and it runs directly to the rear tv only  I couldn?t find a lead to the front tv from the inverter  I don?t know why not to the front  next to the inverter
This is a 2004 Brave maybe someone has done some rewiring but I did t see any signs of that
I?m thinking of just taping into the line that goes to the rear and install a new plug for the front tv

Brave Willy said:
I think I found my problem I traced the out put from the inverter and it runs directly to the rear tv only  I couldn?t find a lead to the front tv from the inverter  I don?t know why not to the front  next to the inverter
This is a 2004 Brave maybe someone has done some rewiring but I did t see any signs of that
I?m thinking of just taping into the line that goes to the rear and install a new plug for the front tv

According to the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach the front TV should be plugged directly into the inverter and another wire from the inverter should run to an outlet for a satellite receiver in front and then to the outlet for the bedroom TV.

You may also find the TV/VCR, Front Wiring Installation diagram for your coach helpful.

If you have a MSW inverter, and do not have a true RMS volt meter (they're quite pricy), the readings from the meter will not be very meaningful. It reads the average voltage, and then displays a calculated RMS value, which is accurate if it is measuring a true sine wave, and can be very inaccurate for any other waveform.

Joel

Two (or maybe three) possibilities:

1. There is some stray voltage on the neutral. Measure voltage from neutral to ground to check for that.
2. The inverter is kaput
[3. Are you sure you measured right?]

If this is a modified sine inverter you probably don't have a problem. Common (cheap) meters don't work on  square wave inverters.  It require as true rms Voltage meter (expensive).

Ernie

Near all digital meters are true RMS, regardless of price. Even the $4 el cheapo Harbor Freight VOMs give RMS readings.

Besides, he is comparing two voltages, so the comparison is valid even if the reading is false. He is seeing different readings for neutral vs ground, so something is out of whack.

AStravelers said:
You have multiple topics open on the same subject.  You should select one to continue the subject and end the other.
I merged three  ::) different threads on the same topic started by Mr. Willy into this one.

I?ve found another problem I had with the inverter. It has a ground fault switch on the front of the inverter when I pushed the test button nothing nothing happened and there wasn?t any power at the rear 120 volt plug pushing the reset didn?t do anything either 
By accident I shorted the rear plug and tripped the ground fault I then pushed the reset button and all was good there was power again at the rear plug
If I pushed the test button the reset would not work until I shorted the rear plug
I have now reset the ground fault and not going to touch the test button anymore

Thanks to everyone for the great advise I have received and again sorry John for the multiple posts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom