12v inverter wiring to the Entertainment center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCVJeff

This coach came with a whole-House inverter, so the "normal" 300w inverter located in the entertainment cabinet was never installed, nor was the CB in the forward breaker panel.

I'm in the process of installing a 300W PSW up there controlled by an event timer to control the DVR when boondocking and am curious if anyone knows what the path of the 12v cabling takes to get overhead, and in which cabinet the factory installs the stock inverters. I'm hoping to find the cable laying there before doing it myself.. 

Thanks Chris, I'll look at these when I post this. I looked at my drawings a little and didn't see anything obvious, and am in here now slowly peeling back trim looking for daylight before breaking out the drill. I think I want to go down the passenger pillar but that may not be possible unless I remove the dash, and that ain't happening..

John: "Its a project" as I tell folks who ask why...  it's a cute little 12v 7day, 16 event Timer with a 12A relay that I plan to turn the inverter on and off with. When this inverter has power, I built a simple relay ATS with U-Ground pigtails hanging off it to plug into shore and UPS power, and it simply switches the electronics to the timed inverter. The relay coil loops through a panel switch that allows me to run in 'Auto' mode, or 'Bypass' for normal operation. All I need to do is know when the DTV receiver is scheduled to record, then back-time the inverter timer to let the receiver boot up.. I'm into it for about $45 for the PSW inverter and timer. Other parts and labor were already here.  Its a project.. :)

A little further research on Chris's links, there no way I can use the passenger side for this cable since I'd need to remove the dash to somehow get into the front compartment. The only logical thing to do is come down the drivers post and head over the the 12v panel under the drivers dash that's completely accessible. as far as the existing cable, I think for this they really did leave it out of the build. It must not have part of their standard harness.

I've used both A pillars (either side of the windshield) for wiring - they are pretty handy. I brought down a 120V extension cord down the passenger side pillar so I could charge the laptop we use for navigation and some miscellaneous small signal cables on the driver's side.

Update:
Well, it works GREAT, unless you're driving down the road... I recorded a movie starting at 4pm, so started the inverter at 3:50 to make sure it was all booted, etc.  All good cept' I was heading to Quartzsite @60mph.

Anyway I noticed to time, looked up and all the right lights were on, minus RF from the antenna

Next dry-camp auto-record: Goldrush on Friday. I expect to come back and find everything shut back off and the latest episode sitting on the HD :)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F201721656038

You can find em' for way less than this, but this one is already in the US

Yeah..  choose carefully. They come in 12, 24, 110, and 220v

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom