Californians can't get a break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

Looking a a bunch of pics of the mudslides and the damage they've done. Just incredible. I really feel for those effected. It just seems like one bad thing after another there. My prayers are going out for them.

Never lived in CA but visited several times. Beautiful state. Seems like nothing happens to the states I don't have a desire to visit which I will not mention for fear of offending some folks. See, miracles do happen.

Oldgator73 said:
Never lived in CA but visited several times. Beautiful state. Seems like nothing happens to the states I don't have a desire to visit which I will not mention for fear of offending some folks. See, miracles do happen.

Yeah, we've been blessed here in Delaware. We always get the the edge of stuff. Just went through the blizzard "Grayson". Got about a foot of snow. Worst was the wind blowing the snow, causing drifts across the roads. Still made it to work everyday and on time too, driving a two wheel drive Ford pick-up. Sandy went up the coast from us, gave us a bit of wind and rain, but no big deal. Tore Jersey up though. We get a bit of beach damage from storms, but that's usually the worst. We did get 18" of rain in several hours a while back, and caused some flooding in some of the towns, but that wasn't a big deal either. Could be a lot worse around here.

One of the big problems with this world is this.. NO PLACE is 100% safe from natural disaster. Though some are safer than others.. The globe is kind of like plants.

For example there is a tree, two versions of it. One is kind of drab. the other rather pertty. and poison
Flowers. some are kind of drab. others bright and beautiful... and poison

Seems the most beautiful sites to put a house.. Have a tendency to slide into the sea.

Well they say California is going to slide off into the ocean some day. I am not sure exactly where all that is happening, I just saw a bit on the news this morning while heading out to work.

pnkdmnd said:
Well they say California is going to slide off into the ocean some day. I am not sure exactly where all that is happening, I just saw a bit on the news this morning while heading out to work.

You have it backwards.  The rest of the US is going to slide into the Atlantic.

Highway 101 through Santa Barbara was originally scheduled to re-open on Thursday.  Then the date was pushed back to Monday, and now Caltrans is saying the re-opening date is "unknown".

The Pacific Surfliner train tracks have been cleared and trains are now running with extra cars to handle the increase in passenger loads, and a couple of companies have re-routed their whale watching tour boats to provide passenger ferry service between Ventura and Santa Barbara.

pnkdmnd said:
People who say that are morons who know nothing about geology. It would be impossible for Cali to sink into the ocean.

kdbgoat said:
Looking a a bunch of pics of the mudslides and the damage they've done. Just incredible. I really feel for those effected. It just seems like one bad thing after another there. My prayers are going out for them.
Agree that California has had it's share of disasters.  But I would point out to those who live on the coastal states and highly populated areas that disasters happen all across this country.  Seems the media doesn't choose to talk about many of them to any degree, especially if they are in the flyover country.  Blizzards  in the Dakotas and twisters all down through the heartland have to cause major human life losses before they qualify to detailed coverage.  Many of us have to laugh when we see all the heavy coverage of a snowstorm in the east while blizzards are raging in the northern states. Right now the midwest is going through record breaking cold in many areas but the coverage is nil.  Not that it matters anyway media coverage does not deter an event from happening but it does encourage help in recovery - i.e. Hurricanes this summer.  JMHO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom