rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: 99 Monaco diplomat trailing arm bushings  (Read 320 times)

Tom Reese

99 Monaco diplomat trailing arm bushings
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:31:03 AM »
Hi everyone. I have four bad bushings on my 99 Monaco diplomat that need replacing is this a hard job for a mechanic or relatively easy fix luckily I heard it wasn't full replacement of the trailing arms on the 02 models and after. Was curious if anyone has had this fine to theirs?
Thanks Tom

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
Re: 99 Monaco diplomat trailing arm bushings
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:56:15 PM »
First off, welcome to the forum.

The trailing are issue was only on the Roadmaster RR4R chassis so you wouldn't have that issue on your Diplomat which is an 8-bag chassis.

As for the bushings, if you have the equipment to raise the coach and remove the trailing arms, the job is pretty straightforward.  Having access to a hydraulic press will also be necessary as they are a press fit and require some pressure to remove and reinstall, especially after some corrosion adds to the equation.

Personally I would not replace them with the OEM bushings.  I have only been using the polyurethane bushings made by ATRO and they are hands down a much better bushing AND they firm up the H-frame suspension as there is quite a lot of movement allowed by the OEM rubber encapsulated bushing.

Mike
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
FMCA# F315002