99 Monaco diplomat trailing arm bushings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Reese

Hi everyone. I have four bad bushings on my 99 Monaco diplomat that need replacing is this a hard job for a mechanic or relatively easy fix luckily I heard it wasn't full replacement of the trailing arms on the 02 models and after. Was curious if anyone has had this fine to theirs?
Thanks Tom

First off, welcome to the forum.

The trailing are issue was only on the Roadmaster RR4R chassis so you wouldn't have that issue on your Diplomat which is an 8-bag chassis.

As for the bushings, if you have the equipment to raise the coach and remove the trailing arms, the job is pretty straightforward.  Having access to a hydraulic press will also be necessary as they are a press fit and require some pressure to remove and reinstall, especially after some corrosion adds to the equation.

Personally I would not replace them with the OEM bushings.  I have only been using the polyurethane bushings made by ATRO and they are hands down a much better bushing AND they firm up the H-frame suspension as there is quite a lot of movement allowed by the OEM rubber encapsulated bushing.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom