Fresh water tank bypass valve leaking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dauninge

On my 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit there is an inlet where the fresh water supply from the park hooks in to. There is also a valve to select fresh water tank fill. 2 positions, fill or off. There is not a separate place to fill fresh water tank.

Recently I noticed that my fresh water level on my indicator panel read full. I went outside and noticed water coming out (small stream) of the overflow hose. I opened the fresh water drain valve and sure enough, the tank was full. I drained it all out again.

I suspect that the shutoff/bypass valve is not closing correctly. It is a small amount, as it took a year to fill the 75 gallon tank. I have tried opening and closing it again, but there is still water accumulating in my tank.

Is that the only way that water could enter the fresh water holding tank? So all I need to do is replace the valve?

Thanks!

There is one more place to check. The pump check valve may be leaking by. After you drain the tank, disconnect the pipe on the suction/tank side of the pump and then turn on the shore power water again. If the check valve is leaking by, it will show up at the pump inlet.

The pump for when not hooked up to shore water and running off the fresh water tank?
OK, I just need to find that. Any idea where that would be? Also, isn't that only affected if there is water in the fresh water tank?

Thanks!

Disconnect the water hose from shore power, make sure you have water in the fresh water tank, then turn the pump on and listen for it's location.

OK. I'll do that when the weather warms up a bit. It's 14 degrees and that's just too cold for me. Right now I just have the tank drain open, as the amount of water leaking into it is minimal, so what's coming out is minimal as well.

If it is the check valve at the pump, is that replaceable? Or is it part of the pump and would require a new pump?

Thank you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom