EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Amps Generated by Solar Panels  (Read 1585 times)

Dreamsend

• ---
Re: Amps Generated by Solar Panels
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 05:08:19 AM »
Geeez :)  more details ...my mistake I've a bad habit of throwing all lithium under the same "Lipo" tag.   When you refer to "totally fry" are you referring to the lower cell voltage LiFePo4 has vs other lithium?

Hi ALLOY

The "fry" terminology is mine.  What the reference source I read used was more like "irreversibly damage".  I've tried to see if I could find that reference, because it gave a nice paragraph of information about the differences with regard to overcharging, but alas, I can't.  What I did find was additional references however to the charging characteristics of various lithium batteries and I've included it as a .jpg attached.   I have not been concerned about voltage cell charging states because the LiFePo I'll use have built in BMS to prevent overcharging (with Bluetooth to monitor what's going on in each batt pack), and then on top of that I"ll have a charger set to the appropriate parameters.  I'm not building my own using individual cells, so getting into "charging voltages" is more detail than I've had to mess with.

L

Linda with kitty Sara
2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge
27BHS
2017 Ford F250 Lariat aka Gypsy Rose

AStravelers

• ---
  • Part time travelers, 4-8 months each year.
Re: Amps Generated by Solar Panels
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 08:14:19 AM »
Here is a link to info and voltages for various lithium battery chemistries:  http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/types_of_lithium_ion

LFP, which is what we use in RV's has a nominal cell voltage of about 3.2V

The others are in the 3.6V to 3.7V per cell,  Way to high for the LFP.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2009 Chevy Colorado 4X4

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Hosted by Over The Network