Selling a Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garysu

I put my Class A motorhome for sale on Craig's List and received a call from "isoldmyrvhere.com". Like most they sound to good to be true. The question is, has anyone here sold or bought a motorhome through them. They claim no commission that they make their money with finance charges.

Had our motorhome for sale in Arizona, and a woman and her associate, with much the same company, came out to have a look and try to sell it for us. Much the same speech, no commission.  Some how I just had the feeling I could not trust her.  She made me uncomfortable. So, we did not use her to sell. We eventually sold through RV trader.com. on our own.

Bill

I looked at their website and it states a one-time listing fee. "No commision" is technically correct - it's a one-time fixed listing fee, not a percentage of the sale price.
http://www.isoldmyrvhere.com/listing-packages/

I don't see any risk to you beyond the fee price. If they don't connect you up to a buyer, you lost only the fee. Whether their listing is worth the price is somethng only you can decide. Rvtrader.com and rvt.com are probably more widely viseted sites.

For what it's worth I spent about three months trying to sell mine - Craig's List, ads in the local paper, listings in all the forums I know of that allow it - and had no luck. I talked to the largest local dealer. He didn't do much consignment selling but did accept mine. He checked it and did not charge me a cleaning fee (we had hired a woman to clean and she did great job). He included it in the ads he ran all over the region, handled the loan for the buyer and charged me 10% of the selling price we had agreed on.Took him three weeks to sell it.

price it right at the right time of year and you can sell it yourself no problem.  Fix the stuff you have been walking past for months or years and give an honest demo.  Worked for us on the second prospect.

Let's just say when I was shopping for a year for a MH, I never looked at isoldmyrvhere :) 

Thanks for the input. Think I'll try on my own for awhile longer. May go with rvt or rvtrader later.

Thanks again,
Gary

even the name "isoldmyrvhere" does not encourage a buyer to visit the site IMHO.

If you want to get the most money out of your RV I would encourage you to continue to sell it yourself. Look at your RV as a prospective buyer and do what's necessary to make it appealing. The big names in used RV sales as you know are RVTrader.com and RVT.com. Craigs list is free, just use a little common sense with those that approach you, just as you would in any large financial transaction. Take lots of pictures and return phone calls and texts immediately. Most importantly price it right for it's condition. That doesn't mean giving it away but do the research to find out what it's really worth. Expect low ball offers and others that agree to pay your listing price but have some convoluted way of paying for it, IOW use common sense.

I bought my coach through Craigs list and sold my boat through boat trader. I've sold 2 houses myself without a realtor. It's not difficult but more work and you get the commission.

Picking up my first RV tomorrow -- found it on Craigslist by using SearchTempest.

I used RVTRADER and RVT to look for rigs too -- but didn't find one that worked out.

I never heard isoldmyrvhere -- and I'm fairly internet savvy.

I also used oogle -- and that put me onto a few that weren't on any of the above -- and it didn't see isoldmyrvhere

ymmv, but I figured I'd give you a pertinent data point.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom