Demise of the Ding Bats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I missed the last few years of Quartzsite in the winter.

I used to camp with a very sociable groups of boondockers that always camped just south of the Big Tent on the BLM
LTVA land.

They met every year for the last 20 or so years.

The way they got their name was funny.  They were all sitting around a campfire about 20 years ago and it started to rain.  They just continued to sit in the rain.

A car was driving slowly thru the area and stopped.  The driver shouted out, "WHAT A BUNCH OF DINGBATS".

That was it, they choose to call themselves the"Dingbats".  They even got a flag.

Though I was only a Dingbat for a few years, I did spend many enjoyable nights talking around the campfire.

I just drove thru the old site about an hour ago.  There was one old German Gentleman that I remember as camping next to the dingbats.  He said "They have mostly all died off and they burned the flag last year.

I guess that signals the Demise of the Dingbats.  I hope they are having happy hour and campfires where ever they are.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

HueyPilotVN said:
I hope they are having happy hour and campfires where ever they are.

No doubt they're having happy hour 24/7.........

It sounds like they were a great bunch to be around. That's a funny story Bill, loved how they picked the name.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom