Good Sam Travel Planner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've used their planner, and it's not bad, if you want to stay at a commercial RV park every night. 
This probably isn't for everyone, but I'll use Google maps.  Input start point and destination to get a route.  Then you can drag the route around on the map to include any in-route stops you want to make.  When I have the route set, I divide the trip into 300 mile chunks and use freecampsites.net to find my overnight stops. 
Not always a perfect way as several times I've found places I couldn't(or wouldn't)get into when I got there, but there's usually somewhere down the road a few miles I can find to overnight.  That's part of the adventure.
I've also used the route planner on the PC app for my TomTom GPS in the same manner.  The advantage there is that you can input the size of your rig and it'll work around any restrictions.
YMMV

We use it a lot.  I like it.  If planning a long trip I usually start with it.  Once I establish a route and stop overs I will use google for a point to point check.  If I have the time, which I usually do I then use Base camp.

I prefer RV Trip Wizard. It has all the parameters included for you as to what type RV you are in and it gives you the necessary roads that you can fit on without getting into trouble. You can establish such items as fuel mileage, miles per day, your RV size, preferred campgrounds / RV Parks. You can also adjust your route of travel as you wish. It lists many different places to stay and it will show you Love's and Pilot/Flying J travel Plazas. It is a subscription service but it is a very nice program. I used it in October 2016 to make a trip that covered 3,445 miles and I did not encounter any difficulties during my travel.

roaminrichards said:
I prefer RV Trip Wizard. It has all the parameters included for you as to what type RV you are in and it gives you the necessary roads that you can fit on without getting into trouble. You can establish such items as fuel mileage, miles per day, your RV size, preferred campgrounds / RV Parks. You can also adjust your route of travel as you wish. It lists many different places to stay and it will show you Love's and Pilot/Flying J travel Plazas. It is a subscription service but it is a very nice program. I used it in October 2016 to make a trip that covered 3,445 miles and I did not encounter any difficulties during my travel.
:)) I've used this for three years now and I'm very happy with it. We full time and our yearly trips can consist of 30 or more stops and this makes it easy to plan ahead. I especially like that you can put in how far you want to travel in a day (either hours or miles) and it will put a circle that far out from your starting point. You can see where you will end up in any direction.

Back
Top Bottom