Must have been headed to FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpencerPJ

I would guess he was driving too fast for the conditions, Headed SB on 65, South if Indianapolis

Attachments

• DTl3dWSXUAQoL7P.jpg
    DTl3dWSXUAQoL7P.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 198
"It's four wheel drive Honey, it's perfectly safe to drive fast in the snow."

Don'tya hate it when the rig isn't perfectly level and all the food slides to one side of the fry pan?

And to think (based off another thread) Indiana allows 'Riding in the Towed Trailer'

Actually if you look at the truck, it has a sticker in the back window.  It is probably a transport company hauling the trailer to a winter show?  I bet it was entertaining being the car behind him  ;) :D

Oldgator73 said:
"This is what happens when the wife spots me into the campsite."

I bought Walkie Talkies and the whole campground still hears us.  I have threatened to marker a 'R' on the right toe, and 'L' on the left toe. 8)

Before we're too hard on the driver, take a look at the Indianapolis area traffic incident map for that period. Icy conditions all over the place...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 21
How to tell front wheel drive from rear wheel drive from 4 Wheel drive using a remote camera after snow falls.

Front end in the ditch, rear on kicked dry pavement FRONT
Reverse that, Put the rear in teh ditch  REAR

Use tilt and pan and zoom to find the vehicle a quarter mile out in some farmer's field.. 4WD

DOne it. oh and 3.00/foot on top of the 75 Dollar call out fee to winch back to pavement.

OF course that was over a decade ago. Price may be higher now.

Anyone else notice the direction of the flow of traffic, it looks like the trailer was leading the way over the guard rail, don't you know going backwards down the highway being towed by the trailer must have made for some apprehensive thoughts for the driver.

NY_Dutch said:
Before we're too hard on the driver, take a look at the Indianapolis area traffic incident map for that period. Icy conditions all over the place...
All the more reasons to NOT be towing a trailer if you don't have to. I don't drive in conditions like that anymore. There is NO place I have to be that requires it. Going to be in my final resting place soon enough, not going to rush it.

Charlie 5320 said:
All the more reasons to NOT be towing a trailer if you don't have to. I don't drive in conditions like that anymore. There is NO place I have to be that requires it. Going to be in my final resting place soon enough, not going to rush it.

I agree, although it does appear from the signage on the truck that this may have been a transport driver delivering the TT to a dealer. If so, he may have been on a deadline. I'm also not sure how much warning there was about the icy conditions occurring. It sure looks like a lot of people didn't pay attention though, if there were advance warnings.

don't you know going backwards down the highway being towed by the trailer must have made for some apprehensive thoughts for the driver.

Been there; done that! Many years ago, but surely not forgotten!  It's probably a major reason why I'm a member of the Weight Police.

It was sure funny for a northerner listening to the weather/traffic commentators on TV this morning in the Tampa Bay area having to describe what "black ice" is, and the pictures of them using street sweepers to try and bust it up before sanding the roads.  Apparently, there is no salt for road use or equipment to spread it anywhere nearby.  We were ok on the Pinnelas County side, but Tampa and inland had hard freezes for the first time in around a decade.

Ed

how could this happen ?    The Yellow Sticker said it would be fine !!!

Love the comments! But everything is fine.  Some RV dealer will pound out the dents and sell it as new??

Back
Top Bottom