DOMETIC RM1350 REFRIGERATOR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crowderdouglas

My Dometic RM1350 on electric setting of 3 will not maintain the temperature, goes up past 40.  If I put it on the 4 setting it will cool down, it has been as low as 27 before I changed it back to 3 to warm up some.  Yesterday I put it on propane at 3 and for the last 18 hours it has maintained the 36 degree temperature.  I have added a secondary fan in the back to help circulate the air better, but am running out of ideas as to why it will not maintain the temperature on electric

First a couple facts:
1.The thermostat works the same whether gas or electric. 3 is 3 whether gas or electric is the heat source.
2. If the fridge cools adequately on gas, then you did not need more air circulation in the back (the extra fan). Again, the cooling unit works the same way and sheds heat in the same manner.

The difference between electric and gas is simply the heater for the boiler. The tiny gas flame is underneath it and the electric heat element is on the side.  It may well be that the electric heat element isn't quite as hot as the gas flame, but as long as it is hot enough to boil the coolant liquid, the cooling process should work the same. The thermostat control is very simple - the heat source stays on as long as the thermostat is not satisfied.  Whether the source is electric or gas.

I gather when using AC mode, you find that 3 is insufficient and 4 is too cold?  Is 4 also too cold when using LP gas?

Back
Top Bottom