REXHALL Rose Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLD_999

I just purchased a 2000 REXHALL Rose Air 36 ft V-10.

Love REXHALL designs... especially this Double side unit with 12 ft slides.
Like to hear from any other REXHALL OWNERS that have addressed any issues that I might face.
I drove it 700 miles from Central Fla . to Upstate S.C. ... with no issues at all.

Seems to be in near perfect condition , but that can change.

Richard
2000 REXHALL Rose Air
2004 CRV

Welcome to the forum.

I doubt that I will be able to help you too much as I thought the ROSE AIR's were all diesels.
Maybe that changed after 2001 or 2002?

Mine is a Rose Air Diesel with a 350hp Cummins not a V10. 

Mine looks every similar to yours inside except for the hump where your motor sits.
Mine is also 39.5 ft vs. your 36 ft unit.
The few issues I had applied to the diesel engine but the rest of the coach has be pretty much trouble free.

We had a 1999 Rexhall Aerbus for 3 years.  Ours was on a Ford F53 chassis and had the 4 speed transmission.  That's one of the downsides.  But once you learn to work it, you'll have minimal problems with grades.  That said, you'll slow down quite a bit on the big ones.  Purchased is with 72,000 miles and drove it another 30,000 miles.  Never had any major issues.  It did not have any slides.  The jacks would not deploy from time to time, but that was related to a connection in the emergency brake.  It wasn't making contact so the system would not engage.  An easy fix.  Just remember, the emergency brake light needs to come on when you want to deploy or retract the jacks.  Other than that, we had to replace the black tank.  Not positive but think it was about to go when we got it.  The generator was loud but worked like a charm.  We replaced the fuel pump once but other than that, it never failed us.  We probably used the generator for more than 800 hours.  Mileage was between 7 and 8 for the most part.  We pulled an HHR first and then a Jeep Wrangler.  When we sold it, the generator needed a new muffler.  Rexhall made an excellent motorhome.  We looked for another when we upgraded.  Close to purchasing a 2002 Rose Air diesel, but a problem with the registration got in the way.  There are a few owners here on the forum so you will get a bit of help if you're in trouble.  Good luck. 

Red ... as I have looked at other ads, I see that REXHALL appears to have made my same STYLE of coach under the name Rex Air ... and even the AERBUS... and gas , and the YEAR on some of these being 1998-99 and a few even earlier.

There does not appear to be any real dramatic differences in them... other than colors ... sofa shape .... and sometimes the outside graphics.

I have also seen the DIESEL version in ads.
There must be SOMETHING that led their name choices .. but nothng that is clear to me at the moment.

Thanks for the response.

Richard

GARY ... I had a 1996 33'  AERBUS -  460 ...no slides ... about 4 yrs ago also.
I had the  same HILL-CLIMBING issues you mention.
I had to resort to disconnecting TOAD and going up the hill... then reconnecting it.

This one , has a V10 which seems to have plenty of power , but I have not climbed and REAL steep hills yet.

Before THIS, I had a 1998 BOUNDER with a BANKS 460 ... and it would climb mountains , towing a 5000 lb GMC ENVOY ... as if it was not even there. Same F53 chassis .... but the engine configuration seems to be the big difference.  (?)

Thanks for the response...
I have looked, and there are plenty of DIESEL ROSE AIR units for sale.. but most are in Calif - Az - Nv area...

Richard  / S. Carolina
2000 REXHALL Rose Air
2004 CRV

Most of the differences will be on the inside.  You won't find many but you'll notice if you check the NADA, the pricing isn't much different either.  Maybe 5% more. 

RLD_999 said:
GARY ... I had a 1996 33'  AERBUS -  460 ...no slides ... about 4 yrs ago also.
I had the  same HILL-CLIMBING issues you mention.
I had to resort to disconnecting TOAD and going up the hill... then reconnecting it.

A slight exaggeration, Richard?

I had a 1996 35 ft. Damon Intruder on the same chassis towing first a Nissan Sentra and later a 3500 lb. Ford Bronco II and never worried about climbing the hills.  Yes, it slowed down on steep grades but you know what, so did all of the loaded trucks.  And we all made it to the top just fine.  ;)

Lou ... Actually  100% true.
Coming from Marion N.C. to Asheville N.C. on I-40 .... Towing an '05 Hundai Tuscon on a dolly ... I had slowed down to 20 MPH and getting worse.
I pulled off onto the shoulder... took the car off the dolly , had my wife drive it the rest of the way to Asheville, and part way down I-26 toward Spartanburg ....to a rest area , where I reconnected it.

Without the car on the dolly , I drove 60MPH with ease.

On flat land , going to Fla. ... weeks later ... it towed the same car jut fine... but not in the mountainous region.

Richard / S. Carolina

That Blacks Mountain grade east to west I-40 into Ashville is a booger. In 99 with a loaded Dodge caravan and the family on vacation I could only get 47 miles per hour on the floor.

We've had our 2000 Rexhall Arebus 3550BSL for 5+ years now it's been a great motorhome.

One of the best things about every Rexhall is they are all built with with a all steel structure and a solid fiberglass roof.

They used good quality components like HWH hydraulic systems, Intellitec EMS, Sharp microwaves ect.

Back
Top Bottom