Ford 6.8l programmer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoMike

I am considering the purchase of an SCT X4 programmer for a Ford 6.8l motor.  I have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35u.  I understand what the programmer can do but I would like to know how many "tunes" the programmer comes with.  I am given to understand it will only have my standard factory program (once I have loaded it into the device) and one  "custom" tune I will get from the retailer once I have emailed them the factory tune.  5-star tuning charges $500 for the device.  Their website also offers a military discount but I do not know if being retired military qualifies me for a discount and if so, how much of a discount.  I have e-mailed them for more information but have not as yet heard from them.  Any information regarding this topic would be helpful.

If they don't increase power by 10% or more I would pass, Ford did a pretty good job getting 300hp+ from the F53 V10.    https://www.amazon.com/SCT-7015-Power-Flash-Programmer/dp/B00J262R9A/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3RYBDMH77M07NTJYABTG

William52 said:
If they don't increase power by 10% or more I would pass, Ford did a pretty good job getting 300hp+ from the F53 V10.    https://www.amazon.com/SCT-7015-Power-Flash-Programmer/dp/B00J262R9A/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3RYBDMH77M07NTJYABTG
  Also some feedback here. Less cost same thing.

From what I have read, the transmission reprogramming that is in the 5 Star is almost worth the price alone. Personally, I would like to see more reports when done on the E-450 chassis. Most of what I find is for the F-53.

My mustang has a tuner in it and while I can not really feel much horsepower difference the way it shifts is very different.

Do you really need a motorhome to chirp the tires going into third gear?  :mad:

No, a motorhome doesn't have to chirp the tires in third gear, but the way those 5 speed Ford transmissions shift leaves a lot to be desired.

Back
Top Bottom