Government shutdown: Are BLM Land Boondockers kicked out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two good answers. One person makes a good point about how difficult it is to close the desert.
The other guy remembers being evicted by a disgruntal ranger.
Let?s see if it happens and then what happens.

Paul & Ann said:
I would like to see all of the partisan posts removed, that will make it easier for those who would make partisan posts to be not quite so tempted.

Done

TonyDtorch said:
isn't there is a threat of a shut down every year under every president  ?...

Then they just pass a budget and raise the national debt.  (the same national debt that doubled under our last President. )

Is it my imagination or do the mods do nothing on these not so veiled posts until someone from the other side responds? 

Seriously, you guys on the right side, and please I'm not talking about right and wrong, give it a rest.   

garyb1st said:
Is it my imagination or do the mods do nothing on these not so veiled posts until someone from the other side responds? 

Seriously, you guys on the right side, and please I'm not talking about right and wrong, give it a rest. 

:)) :))

My post was about poop and it got deleted.

"Is it my imagination or do the mods do nothing on these not so veiled posts until someone from the other side responds? 

Seriously, you guys on the right side, and please I'm not talking about right and wrong, give it a rest. "   

you certainly didn't help anything by reposting it....let it rest  :)

Staying completely out of politics and sides - I worked for the Army for 30 years and EVERY year that we didn't have a signed budget
(which was a lot) we were put under first the threat of a Continuing Resolution Authority (CRA) which meant we would be funded for a short time under last years or the last year a Budget was approved, second a shut down.  Almost every year we had to plan for both which required a lot of meetings, briefings, due outs, etc...

Long story short - Each Federal Agency has the authority to operate under a budget or CRA as they wish and under a shutdown each Agency still makes its individual decisions on what is and is not critical and or essential.  IF BLM determines it is in the public interest to maintain operations they can, (even without a budget and even during a shut down). If they (BLM) decide it makes no difference to the public interest then they can shut down.

There are of course sacred cows (which I was one of - Police, Fire, EMS, DR's, Nurses, Physical Security, Intelligence, etc...)  Also a sacred cow is contractors, the reason for this is the contracts are already signed and in place and have already been funded so not approving current or future funding doesn't (CAN'T) effect current contracts.  If it did the Federal GOV would be in violation of the contract and subject to litigation for not meeting the contract and negatively effecting the contractors, its business, its reputation, its ability to meet their funding obligations, etc...  It truly becomes complicated fast but all in positions of responsibility for budget oversight or obligation know what is and is not required.

I will close by again stating - the decision in what is critical and or essential during a GOV shutdown resets with each individual Agency.  So with that said I doubt very seriously if the guy at the check in booth knows anything other than if they will come to work on Monday if there is a shutdown and nothing else.

On a similar note it looks like fees will go up this summer:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/price-hike-make-national-parks-look-like-exclusive-club-resigning-nps-board-member-says-165942641.html

I know, it's Yahoo News but I'm sure some of it is fact.

Oldgator73 said:
On a similar note it looks like fees will go up this summer:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/price-hike-make-national-parks-look-like-exclusive-club-resigning-nps-board-member-says-165942641.html

I know, it's Yahoo News but I'm sure some of it is fact.
They desperately need to raise the prices of the National Parks. They loose a lot of money every year. You can get into the Grand Canyon for a week for $25. You can't use the restroom at Disney for $25. They get almost 300 million visitors a year, they can stand to loose a few. That would also be good for the ecology and for the other tourists.

SeilerBird said:
They desperately need to raise the prices of the National Parks. They loose a lot of money every year. You can get into the Grand Canyon for a week for $25. You can't use the restroom at Disney for $25. They get almost 300 million visitors a year, they can stand to loose a few. That would also be good for the ecology and for the other tourists.

We got the Lifetime Senior Pass before it went up.

Oldgator73 said:
That was pretty selective deletion of posts.

:))  I agree

Do us all a favor, close the post, NO post with the word Government should be allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom