Replacing LP Generator with a Diesel Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dleboeuf

I'm looking for any information or tips for replacing the LP Gen. with a Diesel Gen. on a 1999 Monaco Diplomat. I?ve followed some other post that mostly included info on why not to do it. So with all due respect has anyone done it or know how to do it. The main concern is how to plumb to the existing fuel tank and placement. But info on connections are also appreciated.  I may need to place in the driver side compartment that has the second propane tank that I would remove. Hoping it will fit in the front center compartment, but just not sure yet. For those curious as to why I?m doing this, mainly for extra runtime and ease of fueling. And the Diesel Generator was five to me. So the install is the only cost.  Thanks.

A Diesel Generator was probably an option for that coach, so it shouldn't be hard to do. The fuel line stub may already be there too. I don't know why anyone would opt for a propane generator on a diesel coach anyways. Cost surely couldn't have been that more more when new.

I have diesel engine powered air compressors on my two Mercedes Sprinter service trucks and an older Dodge 3500 truck at work.  I plumbed them into the truck fuel tank, which already had a capped off fuel pickup tube from the factory.  You should be able to do the same, and wire up a little electric fuel transfer pump inline that comes on when you crank the generator.
If your propane generator is still good, you could sell it easily to someone who wants to set up a food truck.

Back
Top Bottom