My favorite shots of 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some great shots, and unusual ones. Love the white alligator! Wild pigs? Like the ruffled feathers on that eagle too.

Nice, Tom, as always. I'm particularly intrigued by the antelope whose tail is extended by the log. And that first flamingo shot (in a line) reminds me of one of the sections of Fantasia 2000 where animated flamingos dance to music. Thanks for those.

Like you Tom, I have three high end digital cameras and a bag full of lenses, filters, etc. and 99.9% of everything I do today is with the phone.  Go figure!

All wonderful, as usual, Tom.  This time I saved the brain strain and didn't try to pick a favorite.  ;D

geodrake said:
Like you Tom, I have three high end digital cameras and a bag full of lenses, filters, etc. and 99.9% of everything I do today is with the phone.  Go figure!
Well  the one big advantage is that it is always with you and it is so easy to email a photo to all your friends or post it to Facebook. Cell phones have transformed photography.

All nice.  Also liked the white alligator...particularly the oddity of the two almost perfert "duck heads" created by his eyebrow/eyelids.  We have a blue heron reserve close to where we are now living. Presume there are colonies and nest there as well. Haven't visited it yet but will this spring.  This area is a more moderate climate than where I was before so birds like large mute and trumpeter swans are around all winter.  Tons of eagles too.

Gord

Tom---I spotted this guy on my window in front of the computer about a year ago.

Attachments

• P9010022.jpg
    P9010022.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 22
Tom, I copied Margi's strategy this year.

I see you use  Google Photos.  I've been trying to learn how to use it.  I've always used Picassa to label and organize my photos so the learning curve is difficult.

I saw  lots of  different options for  sharing from  your link.  Looks like I have lots left to learn.  How do you like Google Photos?

Betty Brewer said:
I see you use  Google Photos.  I've been trying to learn how to use it.  I've always used Picassa to label and organize my photos so the learning curve is difficult.

I saw  lots of  different options for  sharing from  your link.  Looks like I have lots left to learn.  How do you like Google Photos?
I positively hate Google Photos. I used Picassa for many years and I was thrilled with it. Then Google attempted to compete with Facebook and eliminated Picassa and put Google Photos in it's place. There were lots of us complaining about it to Google but they ignored us. I can't find any photo storing site that I like better than Google Photos and it is the pits. I am a total Googlaholic and in the last 15 years Picassa is the only way they have screwed me. I don't have any tips for you Betty because I haven't figured out Google Photos yet either. It sucks.

As usual they're all really nice Tom, but I think the most interesting one is the green dragonfly.  It's amazing that his wings are so thin you can see through them!  Keep 'em coming!

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
As usual they're all really nice Tom, but I think the most interesting one is the green dragonfly.  It's amazing that his wings are so thin you can see through them!  Keep 'em coming!

ArdraF
Thank you Ardra. It amazes me too that those wings are so thin and they can still support the weight of a flying bug. Nature is amazing. That is why I will keep 'em coming. ;D

SeilerBird said:
I don't have any tips for you Betty because I haven't figured out Google Photos yet either. It sucks.

Tom,
My  thoughts as well.  I  am still  cobbling my way through  Picassa until it crashes completely.  I am trying to learn  Google photos but I really like to  label the  photo  album I create add  Google photos is not  at all intuitive for me. Sigh......
BB

Betty Brewer said:
Tom,
My  thoughts as well.  I  am still  cobbling my way through  Picassa until it crashes completely.  I am trying to learn  Google photos but I really like to  label the  photo  album I create add  Google photos is not  at all intuitive for me. Sigh......
BB
This page was quite easy to follow I thought. Tells you how to do the basics- apologies If you already know all these...

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-photos-tutorial,review-2858.html

jackiemac said:
This page was quite easy to follow I thought. Tells you how to do the basics- apologies If you already know all these...

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-photos-tutorial,review-2858.html
Please don't apologize for trying to help us. Thank you. I knew most of that but it highlights what I hate about Photos. I don't want Google organizing my photos for me. Leave them alone. I can do it. I had a system that worked for many years and now without Picasa my system doesn't work. I have no idea why they dumped Picasa. They should have ported over to work with Photos. Picasa is one of the most brilliant and easy to use pieces of photo software and they killed it.

SeilerBird said:
Please don't apologize for trying to help us. Thank you. I knew most of that but it highlights what I hate about Photos. I don't want Google organizing my photos for me. Leave them alone. I can do it. I had a system that worked for many years and now without Picasa my system doesn't work. I have no idea why they dumped Picasa. They should have ported over to work with Photos. Picasa is one of the most brilliant and easy to use pieces of photo software and they killed it.
Agree we liked it too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom