Whistler TRX-2 radio scanner question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyHill

Does anyone know anything about Whistler TRX-2 radio scanners?  As usual the manual is a bit confusing.  An actual user might be able to give me simple answers to a few questions.

Thanks,
Shelia

Do not have one but may be able to answer questions.. If you need help send me a link to the manual. I sometimes do "Technical Translations"  and I have a lot of radios lying about

Some frequencies you might wish to remember 162.55, 162.45, 162.475

NOAA weather broadcasts.  You shoudl be in ranger of one of those most asnywhere USA  But if you put 'em in lock them out of scan as they are 24x7 so the radio will never scan past them.

John From Detroit said:
Do not have one but may be able to answer questions.. If you need help send me a link to the manual. I sometimes do "Technical Translations"  and I have a lot of radios lying about

Some frequencies you might wish to remember 162.55, 162.45, 162.475

NOAA weather broadcasts.  You shoudl be in ranger of one of those most asnywhere USA  But if you put 'em in lock them out of scan as they are 24x7 so the radio will never scan past them.

Thanks.  I'll try to get my questions together and link to the manual.  Appreciate it.

Shelia

Have had a Radio Shack scanner for 20 years that I just had a list of frequencies to program in.  Buttons for scan, manually go through channels, lock out.  Had lots of other features but just used in a simple manner.  Finally decided to upgrade to digital and thought this would be the easiest to switch to. 

On the TRX-2 I have been able to program using the "Set Location" and the "Preferred" too.  Realized I wasn't hearing a couple of places that had switched to digital that I wasn't getting on the old Radio Shack.  I couldn't figure out how to manually update those.  When I put the SD card in the computer to update I get this message:

NSIS Error
                    Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media.
                    Contact installers author to obtain a new copy.  More information at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

Here is a link to the TRX-2 User Guide

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1420/2702/files/TRX-2-Manual_06A16.pdf?14709532190415081729

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Shelia

Back
Top Bottom