Is anyone at an LTVA to tell us how the Gov shutdown is affection them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AStravelers

Is there anyone at an LTVA to tell us how the Gov shutdown which started last night is affecting them if at all?

Please don't turn this into another political discussion like the last topic was.

I was reading this morning that the policy in the NPS now is that facilities that do not require attendants can remain open.  That's NPS rather than BLM, but indicates a change in government attitude. However, campgrounds and public restrooms were listed as places that required attendants.

No one is being asked to move. These aren?t areas with gates that can be closed. Come with full water tanks and empty waste tanks though.

ETA Camp host says the pay Station is closed. Water and dump open now, but they don?t know how long.

Good to know nobody is being kicked out of the rally.

My concern is this> Though Social Security is a independent budget and quite "in the black" Last time they spoke of checks not going out on time.

I'm due for an electroinc funds transfer Wed.

Me and 200 other campers are being kicked out of KARS park at Merritt Island.  The place is run by NASA employees whom are all being furloughed Monday. A lot of campers are older military retirees.  Many are leaving their rigs and going to a motel.  They will not have access until the shutdown is over.

John wrote:

"My concern is this> Though Social Security is a independent budget and quite "in the black" Last time they spoke of checks not going out on time.

I'm due for an electroinc funds transfer Wed."

Me, too.  SSA says all payments will be made on time; they are not affected by the shutdown.
So go ahead and spend your check; it will show up on Wednesday.

SargeW said:
What about the NPS parks, like Yellowstone and Yosemite? Does anyone know the facts?
Might want to start a new topic about those two parks.  People staying there (or kicked out) may not read this topic since it doesn't pertain to them.

Back
Top Bottom