Grand Tetons - Jackson Hole RV Park Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yonder

We've been trying to to get to Jackson Hole - Grand Teton NP for a few years and something seems to always come up or I'm too late making reservations to find a spot to park our 40' MH.  I want to make some early reservations now.  Does anybody have suggestions for a well located (reasonable distance to both), full hook-up park?  If so, what did you like about it?  We tow an enclosed utility trailer with motorcycle and bicycles in it so we prefer a 55' - 60' foot pull through site.

In town is the Virginian RV Park, a friend stayed there and said it was nice. Colter Bay more central and in park.  We stay at Gros Ventre but you can't reserve and not full hook up. Beautiful place though.

Was it difficult to get a site at Gros Ventre? Were there people waiting in line to get a spot?

We've been twice and had no problem, although limited electric sites, first-time we got one straight away, next time we had to go on the list and got one the next day.  Both visits were in August ? suggest getting there reasonably early, before 11.

jackiemac said:
In town is the Virginian RV Park, a friend stayed there and said it was nice.

I spent a night at The Virginian last year. It?s a fairly crowded, suburban park. While they do have pull through sites, I don?t recall any that were 55-60?. At 38? I just had room to park the toad (at that time a Grand Cherokee) crossways in front of the coach, there was no room to stay connected. Plus, although I was able to drive to the site hooked up and then disconnected the toad, I needed every inch available to make the turns.

X2 re Gros Ventre (?Grow Vont?, not ?Gross Ven-tray? like I was pronouncing it like a goofball  ::) ). Went from Virginian to Gros Ventre and spent several nights in a beautiful site overlooking the Gros Ventre river. I had no problem finding a site but this was around June 10th so early in the season. I dry camped but there were also electric spots available. No pull throughs (edit) and no full hookups so not what OP is looking for.

Sun2Retire said:
X2 re Gros Ventre (?Grow Vont?, not ?Gross Ven-tray? like I was pronouncing it like a goofball  ::) ). Went from Virginian to Gros Ventre and spent several nights in a beautiful site overlooking the Gros Ventre river. I had no problem finding a site but this was around June 10th so early in the season. I dry camped but there were also electric spots available. No pull throughs and no full hookups so not what OP is looking for.

Hey Scott - according to their website there are pull throughs.  I did point out no full hookups but OP might be ok with that.  Link below shows all options for camping in park.

45ft max. In Gros Ventre

http://www.gtlc.com/rv

We stayed in Fireside RV Park in Buffalo Valley in May of 2017. We loved it. The views were wonderful, and it wasn't far to Jackson and Grand Teton.

Just a heads up ...  the yuppies/millennials who have moved in and have driven up real estate prices decided they don't want "hole" in the name of their town. As a result, there has been a drive to get it called "Jackson". I smile when I drive out of town and see the end of a building plastered with Jackson Whole Meats. Don't know if that's the proprietors joke or not.

I believe Marty was staying at the Virginian when we visited with the Lassens a couple of years ago. Looked like a nice park

Tom said:
Just a heads up ...  the yuppies/millennials who have moved in and have driven up real estate prices decided they don't want "hole" in the name of their town. As a result, there has been a drive to get it called "Jackson". I smile when I drive out of town and see the end of a building plastered with Jackson Whole Meats. Don't know if that's the proprietors joke or not.

Seriously? ::)
Context means nothing? ::)

Lighten up, smile, and you'll feel much better.

jackiemac said:
We've been twice and had no problem, although limited electric sites, first-time we got one straight away, next time we had to go on the list and got one the next day.  Both visits were in August ? suggest getting there reasonably early, before 11.

We were there at a busy time (just before the August eclipse), after first trying Coulter Bay (long drive) and managed to get one of the last available sites at Gros Ventre around noon (no reservations), so get there early.

Larry N. said:
We were there at a busy time (just before the August eclipse), after first trying Coulter Bay (long drive) and managed to get one of the last available sites at Gros Ventre around noon (no reservations), so get there early.
We arrived 13 nights before to make sure we got in. It was busy with queues a few days before. Some folks turned away.

jackiemac said:
We arrived 13 nights before to make sure we got in. It was busy with queues a few days before. Some folks turned away.
But there is always vacancies at the Colter Bay campground. No hookups but plenty of spaces.

Tom said:

Kinda like a small town here in Delaware, "Townsend". It was named after Col. Townsend, (I think he was a Col.), but people have been calling it Towns End because it sounds more upscale. A slap in the Col.'s face if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom