EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Grand Tetons - Jackson Hole RV Park Recommendation  (Read 1923 times)

Gizmo

• ---
Re: Grand Tetons - Jackson Hole RV Park Recommendation
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 09:05:28 PM »
You must be thinking of a different campground. They do not take reservations at the Colter Bay Campground. It is usually completely empty in the morning.

If I recall correctly, there are two Colter Bay campgrounds, the one we stayed at takes reservations and highly recommended.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2018, 06:06:14 AM »
If I recall correctly, there are two Colter Bay campgrounds, the one we stayed at takes reservations and highly recommended.

Yes, you stayed at the commercial RV park with hookups. The other one is a National Park campground with no hookups.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2018, 09:04:16 AM »
Yes, you stayed at the commercial RV park with hookups. The other one is a National Park campground with no hookups.

Thank you for confirming.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2018, 09:23:48 AM »
I should have been more specific. There is the Colter Bay Campground in which there is almost always plenty of empty spaces and does not take reservations and there is the Colter Bay RV Park which is almost always full and does require reservations. They are located right next to each other and many people do not even know they are separate and not the same place.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Favorite 2017 shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y0HbMU5KYa2hx02E3
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

youracman

• ---
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2018, 08:54:40 PM »
You must be thinking of a different campground. They do not take reservations at the Colter Bay Campground. It is usually completely empty in the morning.

Not sure, but I believe that Colter Bay Village Campground (no hookups) is first come, first served....as you say.  Colter Bay Village RV Park (full hook ups and hard surface roads) takes reservations but they are nearly full already.  Daughter is taking the g'kids (in my rig) back again this year for another 10 days (since they blubbered up when they had to come home last year) and a few days ago she found the Colter Bay RV Park only has a few days here and there available.  So they will go back to "Headwaters" (at Flagg Ranch near the So Entrance) again.  Not real great (dirt roads and lots of dust) but they can get 10 consecutive days there.  No cell phone service ...... probably a good thing? RVers have to  drive about 20 miles to make a cell call.

My 13 year-old g'son caught his fist ever trout fly fishing up there so I believe he is convinced that is where God lives.   ;D

Safe travels.
Ed Sievers/Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31C
Toad: 16 Soul with 6spd DIY
"Be the person you needed when you were younger."

youracman

• ---
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2018, 08:58:33 PM »
Oooops.  Didn't read your last post well, Seiler Bird.  Sorry.............. my Bad as they say.
Ed Sievers/Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31C
Toad: 16 Soul with 6spd DIY
"Be the person you needed when you were younger."

Denver Transplant

• ---
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 09:30:51 PM »
Just a heads up ...  the yuppies/millennials who have moved in and have driven up real estate prices decided they don't want "hole" in the name of their town. As a result, there has been a drive to get it called "Jackson". I smile when I drive out of town and see the end of a building plastered with Jackson Whole Meats. Don't know if that's the proprietors joke or not.

The town has always been just Jackson. Jackson Hole refers to the valley that runs up past the Tetons. The term "Hole" was an old fur trader's word for valley. Much like Colorado uses the word Park to describe a big meadow area, which is a Flat in California. All names given by early fur traders and miners. Its the tourists (and the tour industry) that has persisted in appending Hole to Jackson.
Aurora, CO
2017 ACE 30.1
2015 Mini Cooper S 2dr Hardtop
American Car Dolly

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2018, 06:19:38 AM »
If someone was going there and just said "Jackson", nobody would really know where you were going. It could be in several different states. If you "Jackson Hole", most would know exactly where you're headed.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
Book a flight to "Jackson" and you're likely to wind up in Mississippi or Tennesee.

lancslad

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2018, 08:42:52 PM »
We stayed 1 night at Jackson Hole Campground in Wilson WY. About a 10 min drive to Jackson. It was $95.00 full hookup at the end of June 2016. It was all we could find in the area for an advance booking.

Hosted by Over The Network