ceiling leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bambalycious

purchased an 1986 Fleetwood Southwind eagle and now have a leak above the bed,  we have the outside roof completely covered but it's just getting worse... is there water lines above the  ceiling? we are also experiencing vey little water through all faucets and toilet after the park water pump had to be repaired, not sure if any or all could be related  please help! thanks!

Is your roof a rubber membrane type?  I to am a novice, but just before winter I went up on our roof (rubber membrane) & checked things over the best I could & caulked every place that I could find that looked like the beginnings of a crack. We are from the North where it is cold & yesterday during this little break from the cold I did an inspection inside & so far no leaks. Are you in a warmer climate where you can go up & do a through inspection?

It would be very strange for water lines to be overhead in an RV.  Your leak could be almost anywhere because water will run to the lowest point.  If the water is coming in under a window it's most likely where the leak is.

Check the marker lights if you have them.  Every seam.  Around every vent, or whatever there's caulking or sealant of any type.  As previously stated if there appears to be the beginning of a crack scrape it off and re-caulk with Dichor.

You sure the tarp you have over it doesn't have any pooled areas where it could be leaking through and then further leaking through your roof.  If you pull that tarp back is your roof dry?

Water is tricky.  Like someone said, it runs downhill, but with the slope of the roof, and slope of the camper it could be running down a ridge line or cross member a little bit and running into your bedroom ceiling.

Likely trouble spots are any holes in the roof.  Vents, AC units, etc.  But then the water might run a ways before it drips in.  Another spot would be the corners where it meets the side wall.

Good luck!

--jg

First, welcome to the forum.
If the leak is getting worst, you need to get up there and find the entry point. Water is getting under your tarp and flowing to the entry point.
Is the RV new to you?  Have you ever done a complete roof inspection before?  The inspection has to be done annually.

As far as the faucet issue, it sounds to me like the screen where you connect your water hose is plugged up. Remove the hose then with a knife or small screwdriver, remove the screen and inspect it. You can buy them at any hardware store real cheap. It may be that sand got in the line when the CG repaired the pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom