Tow Tower says now you can tow any car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't read everything there, but I wouldn't want the front of my vehicle bouncing around on that bar.

It also needs a custom-fabricated "base plate" for each vehicle make & model.  Actually, it's sort of a combination base plate and tow bar, but it also has to be strong enough to lift the front of the vehicle.  Doesn't seem like trivial engineering to me!

Not sure I like the looks of that at all. Substantial hitch weight plus as kdbgoat mentioned, every bump will be transmitted directly to the toad frame. At best I can't see this working for anything other than DPs with substantial towing capabilities. It looks like there could be a loss of clearance on some/lots of toads also, depending upon where the units attaches along with air dam clearance etc.

I see one BIG problem right now.
Let me give you the key phrases
Front wheel drive cars.. This unit is basically a hoist, like the Stinger on a Flat Bed tow truch or the Hemphill lift on modern tow trucks

The tong weight rating of my Gasser is 500 pounds.

My car is 2500 pounds of which over 1,000 is front (Being a front engine front wheel drive) and mine is a small car.

That woudl put me a bout 1,000 pounds OVERWEIGHT on the hitch by the time I added the weight of the tower High probility it would tear the hitch right off the motor home..... For the 2nd time... (A 4: drop hitch and a 4,000 pound towed did it once already.. The repair gave me a bit stronger mount.)

It seems like pin weight on the RV would be the biggest issue. Only a tag axle rig would probably have enough available payload on the rear axle to carry the weight of the car. And then you would probably also need to have the tag weight proportioning adjusted.  Interesting concept, but not practical for many.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom