electric power cord reel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

we have the electric power cord reel on our camper and it has stopped working, the motor runs but the drum won't turn. this happened last month when we left when the temp was 28 degrees. it can be replaced under factory warranty. my question is should I have them replace it or just add a plug for the 50 amp cord. not sure if they are reliable or not or was the cold weather the problem. thoughts

wonder if it has a small "key" a kind of shim that would go into a slot to connect the wheel and the drive mechanism.....

just a thought....

Jim

Do you know which brand of cord reel it is?

It's made by Shore Line Reels. don't know what the issue is, it's in a tight spot and I don't want to spend time getting it out if the warranty will cover it.

The one on our coach is in a tight spot also, and I caused a little damage when I removed it. The issue had more to do with the construction of the reel and its attachments. Nothing technical or difficult about it. If I'd had the option of it being taken care of under warranty, that would be my choice.

I will let them replace it- should there be a next time I will add a plug  thanks

Back
Top Bottom