EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Handle for holding tank cable.  (Read 283 times)

jcCarolina

• ---
Handle for holding tank cable.
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »
The handle for my gray holding tank fell off and I cannot find a replacement. The handle has a center screw and the only replacements I can find have an inner thread in the handle for  an outer thread on the cable end. Any ideas where to get replacement?

Thanks
2015 Ford F350 Platinum
2014 Bay Hill 295RL

newfurrows

• ---
  • Dan Nelson
Re: Handle for holding tank cable.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:57:09 PM »
As a last resort, send me dimensions and I will make one for you.  Need outside diameter of protruding round, its minimum protruding length and internal thread size and depth.  I gather you need a new retaining screw.  Meanwhile you could swap the remaining handle wetween the two.  Keep the screw tight.  Dan
Happy Motoring
Dan Nelson with Tibby the tan colored dog and Jazz the red border collie (backup drivers)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1979 Vanguard "SECURITY"
Dan.nelson@rogers.blackberry.net
780-966-4410

jcCarolina

• ---
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:19:34 PM »
I actually have two gray tanks - Iím moving the handle between the black and gray in the wet bay - the other gray tank handle was located outside the wet bay so fell off somewhere along the roadside in North Carolina - if anyone happens to find it, Iíll be happy to send postage and handling! Iím just surprised that I canít find a replacement - I would have thought that this would be a standard off the shelf part! Unfortunately, Iím an orphan as BayHill/Evergreen closed up shop.

jc

2015 Ford F350 Platinum
2014 Bay Hill 295RL

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »
Just figure out what size screw will screw into the hole. Then just get a piece of aluminum or similar about 1/2" wide and 3" long. Drill a clearance hole in the center and fasten it to the shaft with the screw.
Or once you know the thread, you can drill and tap the hole in the handle, put in a 1/2" long set screw then screw the assembly onto the shaft.
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

newfurrows

• ---
  • Dan Nelson
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:58:54 PM »
Any kind of brand name type markings on the handle remaining?
Happy Motoring
Dan Nelson with Tibby the tan colored dog and Jazz the red border collie (backup drivers)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1979 Vanguard "SECURITY"
Dan.nelson@rogers.blackberry.net
780-966-4410

Hosted by Over The Network