Handle for holding tank cable.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcCarolina

The handle for my gray holding tank fell off and I cannot find a replacement. The handle has a center screw and the only replacements I can find have an inner thread in the handle for  an outer thread on the cable end. Any ideas where to get replacement?

Thanks

Attachments

• 90E61189-A618-4203-A5CE-8E73DDEB48F8.jpeg
    90E61189-A618-4203-A5CE-8E73DDEB48F8.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 29
As a last resort, send me dimensions and I will make one for you.  Need outside diameter of protruding round, its minimum protruding length and internal thread size and depth.  I gather you need a new retaining screw.  Meanwhile you could swap the remaining handle wetween the two.  Keep the screw tight.  Dan

I actually have two gray tanks - I?m moving the handle between the black and gray in the wet bay - the other gray tank handle was located outside the wet bay so fell off somewhere along the roadside in North Carolina - if anyone happens to find it, I?ll be happy to send postage and handling! I?m just surprised that I can?t find a replacement - I would have thought that this would be a standard off the shelf part! Unfortunately, I?m an orphan as BayHill/Evergreen closed up shop.

jc

Just figure out what size screw will screw into the hole. Then just get a piece of aluminum or similar about 1/2" wide and 3" long. Drill a clearance hole in the center and fasten it to the shaft with the screw.
Or once you know the thread, you can drill and tap the hole in the handle, put in a 1/2" long set screw then screw the assembly onto the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom