One Place Systems Center troubleshooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bcmor

We are wintering in Florida, and yesterday I tried checking the holding tank levels on the One Place Systems Center.  None of the lights come on when checking levels for the black, gray, or LP.  Everything else seems to be working on the system but these level indicators.  They have been working fine until now.  Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem?  I have a 2000 Winnebago Chieftain 35U.  I've checked all circuit breakers, but none are tripped.

Sorry, I forgot to mention fresh water is included in that.  I also found that in checking battery voltage on the Systems center, it does display the house battery voltage, but does not show voltage for the engine battery either.

Most 12 bolt systems on Winnebago motorhomes are protected by circuit breakers. I would check the grounds in the One Place first.

This might be a great time/ excuse to look at the See-Level system John mentions. If you do any kind of boondocking at all where you need accurate tank indications (and you will never get that with the OEM system), this might be better time spent swapping rather than fixing

Update and Fix:  Well, I hadn't been able to find out a cause for the sensors to quit working until I went to re-level the motorhome yesterday, and discovered that the engine battery was completely dead.  I was very surprised at this as it's only 2 months old, and the battery minder on the converter should have kept the voltage up.  I did find that an aux switch on the dashboard was left on, so there must have been too much drain for the minder to keep it topped off.  After putting the battery on a charger for a few hours, everything is working again.  Apparently, the tank level sensors run off the engine battery, even though we're connected to shore power.  Don't quite understand it all, but it's working anyway.  Thank you all for your input!

Could you elaborate, please?  Once I checked the voltage and found it dead, I charged it right away, so I'm not aware of what other components may have been disabled.  It would help me in the future to know what else is affected by the chassis battery to give a quicker diagnosis.  Thanks. 

The Kwikee steps operate off the chassis batteries, but maybe they were extended. Also, you apparently charged the batteries before you started the engine. Be that as it may, if the batteries are three to five years old, they are at or near end of life. Discharging batteries that deeply, especially starting batteries isn't good for their health.

I did have the steps extended, and off, but after charging, they suddenly turned on and opened and closed automatically until I turned it off again.  The battery is two months old, so it is a concern that it hasn't been damaged this early on.  I've been checking the voltage daily to make sure its maintaining a charge.  So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom