Dometic refrigerator is not cooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ascalco

I have a 2007 Dometic refrigerator in my fifth wheel and it has stopped getting cold ,over the last couple of years I have changed out the control board and  thermos couplings . Just to look at it seems to be working just fine with one exception its not getting cold. I have had other refrigerators go out in other trailers that I have owned over the years and when the coil started to leak you would smell the ammonia . I don't smell anything but I haven't been in the trailer for a few weeks either!! If anybody has any thoughts please pass them on , thanks.

As Rene stated... the model may be a good thing to include in your request...

Here's a link to a Dometic service manual that may cover your model.

http://www.fourwh.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

You won't always smell ammonia or see any yellow residue.  In fact, in the early stages of failure due to a leak, it's the hydrogen gas that escapes and that is odorless and colorless. Yet with that gone, cooling drops dramatically and interior temps go to around 50.

But before pronouncing death, let's back up a bit and get more detailed. Which Dometic fridge model, what temperatures are you seeing in fridge and freezer, is it the same on AC and LP, and what do the indicator lights show?

Hers a little more information , the model is a Dometic NDR 1292. The control panel in front that is used for turning it on and off looks like it is working just fine ,you can turn it off and on ,you can switch from gas to elect the indicator lights for raising and lowering the temp works as it should . I ran it on gas for most of the day yesterday and i checked the burner ,it was working fine but still no cooling. Last night i switched it back to elect mode and left it until this morning . The cooling plate that the ice maker sets on might have been a little cooler this morning but no frost or ice formed  on the plate after about 12/14 hours . The heating elements for the gas side and electric side seem to be working fine.

Sorry to say that sounds like a failed cooling unit.  A new cooling unit is a bolt-in replacement and not a bad DIY project if you have basic handyman skills, About $1135 plus shipping.
https://www.rvcoolingunit.com/-NDR1292-Dometic-Brand-New-Cooling-Unit-built-by-the-Amish-with-Package-P5658054.aspx

Thank you Gary,

That was kinda what i was thinking myself. I need to decide if I want to repair this one or do i want to replace it with a regular refrigerator . The cost would be about the same. Thanks for your thoughts.

My Dometic refrigerator cooling unit went out a couple of years ago and I replaced it with a Amish new cooling unit and it works better than the original.

Denny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom