Dometic Eyebrow Panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davet54

Having a problem with my switches on the eyebrow panel on my dometic fridge.  Push the button to adjust the temp (1-4) but seems they are sticky or something.  When I push them they don't work or sometimes anymore they will jump up one or two numbers or just won't do anything.  Sprayed some silicone in the button but no luck.  Right now stuck at 4 so will get cold.  Tried to pry off cover with no luck, didn't want to break it.  Could it just be old and needs some type of lube, can I take it (cover) off and see switches and clean them up.  Any ideas would work.  Looked all over web and only get prices for eyebrow, looked for how to remove.  Thanks

Had the same problems with mine, I forget how I got it off but it wasn't difficult. I took a small jewelers file to the cutouts that were sticking, had to do a bit more filing than I thought would have been needed but all the buttons wok fine now.

There is a lot of good Dometic information including how the eyebrow boards work at this page http://dave78chieftain.com/Technical.html you may want to take a look and see if any of it helps with your issue.

The Eyebrow just pulls off. it's a "Snap in" part.  Pull on each side (end) of the eyebrow.

Those switches DO wear out over time. same as any remote control.

We were having problems with the on/off button sticking on ours. I finally just ordered a new one for under $100. As stated, it just unsnaps out, two plug in wire connectors, snap back in place. Done in way less than 5 minutes. And we fought with that stupid switch for a whole season. Totally not worth the aggravation.

Back
Top Bottom