rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Equa-flex or MORryde for suspension enhancement?  (Read 1965 times)

massspike

• ---
Equa-flex or MORryde for suspension enhancement?
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:19:59 PM »
Looking to improve the towing for my 24 foot 7000lb TT. I have heard that upgrading the equalizer is one of the best things you can do.

Any opinions on the Equa-flex vs. MORryde 3000?

Is it worth the extra money to go to the MORryde 4000?

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Equa-flex or MORryde for suspension enhancement?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:00:07 AM »
I guess it depends on what sort of towing improvement you are hoping to get. Both of those brands should improve the suspension travel and response, but is that what you need?  If you are looking for a smoother ride inside the trailer, either should help, but so would a set of shock absorbers (many trailer suspensions don't have them).  But if the towing improvement you are looking for is less trailer sway or reduced impact on the tow vehicle, I doubt if either one would do much. That's more of a WD hitch question.

I don't have any direct experience with the CRE 3000 or the Equa-flex, but lean toward Mor/Ryde as a quality components source. Lippert Components has a track record of cheap, under-engineered components.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

RGP

• ---
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 11:15:21 AM »
I am curious what you are looking for in a better ride? I have a 25 ft. Dutchmen that crosses the scale at 6200 lbs. that I tow with a F-150 with no difficulties. I am using a Blue OX hitch and I bumped the TV tire pressure to 40 lbs.

I do not get any sway and have no problems with hard stops. The only annoyances are truck blasts and high wind gusts. Also there is a lot of commotion inside the TT and even a bit more since I changed to "D" rated tires. Next on my agenda is a set of TT shocks. 

massspike

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 03:40:24 PM »
I am looking to reduce TT bounce when driving on rough roads...which in reality is almost every paved road I drive on. Not only do I want to reduce the wear and tear on the TT and the stuff we have inside, I find that the TT bouncing around makes for a rough ride in the truck. The WDH is just accentuating this up-down motion so I want to dampen it at the TT axles.

I am now curious about shocks for the TT. I just have the leaf springs connected by a simple joint (ergo why I am considering an equalizer with more dampening). Can these shocks be added to any TT?

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »
Here is a trailer shock kit from Lippert.

https://www.etrailer.com/search/Trailer+Shock+Absorbers
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL