Crater Lake visited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MEL T

Visited Crater Lake,Or and area during July 4th, 2017 holiday and I Camped at BrokenArrow Campground site G3. Which is about ? mile from Diamond Lake This is a national forest campground no water or electricity on individual sites. It has clean modern restroom/showers and a few water spigots scattered about the campground.
It is It is about 30 minute drive to Crater Lake. I was only able to travel to Crater Lake Visitors Center the rest of the RIM Road was still closed because of the snow.the lake was beautiful and much larger than I imagined.  :D
Mosquitoes were terrible at camp a lot of the evenings.  :eek:
I Spent 1 day just driving around exploring in the Umpqua National Forest. Gps didn?t help there :-[

I stayed at Diamond Lake about ten years ago and there was a great program put on by a couple that ran a wolf rehabilitation center near Eugene. They gave a lecture and slide show. At the end the brought out a wolf and allowed everyone to come up and pet the wolf. It was cool beyond belief. The wolf was an old male who was pretty bored. He almost slept through the entire thing. I assumed he had been to many schools and done the exact same thing. 

After retiring from the AF I went back to college; University of Florida. We were fulltimers in a 37' 5th wheel. This was 1999-2001. One of my professors asked me if I wanted to go to Oregon for the summer and do research with the Forest Service. We were given a FHU site on the Umpqua River and my "job" was to go to Forest Service recreation areas and conduct exit surveys. Sometimes I was stationed at crowded campgrounds and other times I was sent to trail heads on the banks of mountain lakes where I would take my lawn chair, a good book, some lunch and my fishing pole. At some of these spots I might only see 3-4 people in a 6 hour shift. In addition to the gratis FHU spit I was paid 1
$10 hour. Best job ever! I would even say a charmed life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom