GFI Switch in Bathroom won't Reset ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toys4paws

I had NO power to my bedroom ... the gfi switch in bathroom won't Reset and all the breakers are on so I replaced it .. still nothing ...
my invertor is also not working because I believe it is connected to that so I have no 12v power and no lights now either

any ideas??

Thanks

With the GFI breaker tripped go around the RV with a volt meter and find out which ones of the outlets no longer work. Go to the outlet that is not working closest to the GFI and check for a loose connection. If that doesn't fix it try the other outlets.

Power loops through the GFCI outlet to other outlets downstream.  Make sure you didn't reverse the supply wires coming from the breaker panel with the load wires continuing on to the other outlets when you put in the new GFCI outlet.

If they are correct, remove the load wires and confirm the GFCI will reset with only the supply wires connected to it.

If it does, it's then a matter of seeing what downstream from the outlet is providing a leakage path to ground.

The first place I'd look is at any exterior outlets.  A bit of moisture on some dust inside the outlet box will create enough leakage to trip a GFCI.

As Lou said, check the outside outlet for any moisture inside the box. Have you had any rain lately?
Do you have a INverter or a CONverter.

A GFCI won't reset if it has no power going to it. You'll need to troubleshoot upstream and downstream of the device.

Back
Top Bottom