Small valve I can't identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wijames2002

There is a small valve under the sink in my bathroom. Can anyone tell me what its for and how I can tell if its open or closed?

Thanks

Attachments

• SAM_1570.JPG
    SAM_1570.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 218
that looks like my low-point drains....pull it straight up towards the camera to open, push down to close.

If you crawl under the RV, you'll probably see a short length of open tubing pointed straight down

wijames2002 said:
There is a small valve under the sink in my bathroom. Can anyone tell me what its for and how I can tell if its open or closed?

Thanks
Where does it go? Have you turned the steam to see if it is open? Where does it go under the floor?
Bill

blw2 said:
that looks like my low-point drains....pull it straight up towards the camera to open, push down to close.

If you crawl under the RV, you'll probably see a short length of open tubing pointed straight down

a drain from where?

wijames2002 said:
a drain from where?

A low point drain either drains the cold or the hot water side of the water system. You should have 2 somewhere.
One thing that will help is if you go into your profile and create a signature of yourself telling us a little bit about you. That may help especially with this problem. There may be a member out there with the same rig.

Rene T said:
A low point drain either drains the cold or the hot water side of the water system. You should have 2 somewhere.
One thing that will help is if you go into your profile and create a signature of yourself telling us a little bit about you. That may help especially with this problem. There may be a member out there with the same rig.

In addition to the two for the hot and cold lines, there may be a third for the freshwater tank.

Where that line/valve is all by itself, it may be the drain for the fresh water tank.  I think typically if it's for the system drain, they'll be 2 valves side by side. Also, you may find markings on the side of the piping. Red markings indicate hot water line and cold markings indicate cold water line. I don't know how long the RV industry has been doing that.
Look around under the RV for two pipes side by side. They'll be sticking down just a couple of inches.

.....and possibly a third one for a drain from the (in fridge) ice maker feeder line when installed. My ice maker feed from the in-house filter is 1/2inch Pex up to the water valve and 1/4" beyond that to the ice maker itself.  The 1/4" line has to be drained separately by disconnecting it from the valve output.

I'm guessing that is a drain for the fresh water tank, which is probably behind that wall. Some rigs place the tank under a bed or dinette rather than below the floor, so the drain valve is at floor level too.  I would expect to find a tube protruding through the underside of the RV immediately below it.

Low point drains are usually in pairs, hot & cold. That looks way too big for an icemaker 1/4" line (and few RV builders are nice enough to provide such anyway!).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom