Best route in Nova Scotia from Baddeck to Cape Breton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Ed, currently only Cheticamp and Montague are not on the list!  I guess that?s why the trip plans out to 7 weeks. We may have to extend to 8 weeks if he like those ones as well.

We were like the blind pig finding the acorn. Went to Fortress Louisburg for their 400 year anniversary. Even if there is no special occasion it will be a great stop. Great road around Cape Benton. However, I agree on taking the car. Besides the inclines one would need to make several stops along the way.

Here is the Fortress' website, they are open 9:30 till 4PM mid Oct to mid May.  It has been a few years, but I really liked both courses at Montague, they are not ball eaters like some others, but they are challenging.

Ed

http://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/ns/louisbourg/visit/heures-hours

Thanks for the info Ed. Keran?s hubby here. I had the 2 Brudenell courses on my list, but had them located in a different locale, Georgetown Realty, I believe. I thought I would play at least one of them. Also was looking at Le Portage, but with the number of courses and number of days, wondering how many we can play. If we play both Cabot courses, thinking about passing on Fox Harb?r. Would be interested in your list if you could only play 6-7 of the NS courses.
Thanks.  Bill

Bill, it depends on your level of play, and health, as the health of your pocket book.  There is no doubt that the best rated courses are the 2 links courses in Cape Breton, next would likely be Crowbush and.or Fox Harb'r.  Fox Creek in Moncton, NB along with Brudenell, Dundarave, (PEI) and Bell Bay, (Cape Breton), and Glenn Arbour, Halifax are all excellent challenging courses.  However, if you want picturesque relaxing courses, there are dozens throughout all Atlantic Canada.

Ed

Thanks Ed, Level of play is not bad, we are both struggling the last year or so, but wife is up to 10-12 and I am up to 6-7 handicap. All courses you listed were on my list with the exception of a Glenn Harbour, as had not thought of it.
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom