Uke Band practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The Delta Strummers are becoming something of a phenomenon in the East (SFO) Bay. Thanks to ongoing beginner classes, Band membership is now 70. A record 52 showed up for last evening's practice in preparation for our March concert. Several other members were on medical, vacation or other leave. In addition to the 52 attendees, we had several guests, some of whom played. We have more folks currently attending beginner class, so we'll have possibly 5 more graduates join the Band in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, we still have a lot of work to do before the March 9 concert. Our patient and talented Music Director will get us up to scratch.

One of my dreams is to take this group on a tour to receptive venues, but that has a slim chance of happening. Alternatively, we can organize a "ukulele rally" comprised of the numerous RVing members of the Band.

My arrangement of Delilah didn't make the final cut for our concert  :(  Maybe next time.

At the end of the practice our Music Director called me up for my closing solo (God Bless America). I sheepishly whispered "I'll need to sing quietly because I have a scratchy throat". It came out just fine. No mic' needed, and the Band came in on cue. Phew!

Back
Top Bottom