rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Red flashing light?!  (Read 680 times)

Seaninmt

Red flashing light?!
« on: January 24, 2018, 02:31:42 PM »
Hoping for some help here!  Have a 1999 30í Thor Pinnacle Class A. The controls for the leveling jacks are left of the steering wheel, and left of that is a little red light that looks like a button. Iíve had this rv for 4 years and itís never done anything.  While on a test drive with a potential buyer, it starts flashing and beeping very loudly. It only happens when the coach is tilted to the right, for example making a left hand turn. It beeps and flashes until the coach levels, then the beeping stops and it flashes for a few more seconds then quits. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?  Rv Tech said itís aftermarket and to take it to a battery and electric shop. They told me they ďthinkĒ itís related to the jacks, although all the jacks are up. Appreciate any help!

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
Re: Red flashing light?!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »
Without more info I would guess jacks also; they might look up but one might be hanging down slightly. One thing you can try, parked in your driveway with the engine running, extend the jacks and see if the red light and beeping sound return.
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »
I'm assuming your jacks are hydraulic. If so, find the reservoir and with the jacks all the way up, check the fluid level in the reservoir.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y
2018 Ford Edge SEL

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 05:50:33 AM »
Fluid level was my thought also. It's probably just above the low fluid sensor when sitting level, but when going around those turns, the fluid level goes below the sensor.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 08:43:04 AM »
Power gear jacks? Or AVA?  I would put the "Fluid level" guess at 99% plus probability.

The "Jacks down" sensor is a float valve in the fluid tank, when turning left it drops just enough to trip the alarm as the fluid shifts right in the tank.  I'd add one cup of most likely ATF (The proper fluid will be on the tank's label)  If you want the full "hot to fill" well there are two sets of directions.

Both start with JACKS UP. if you have a MARKED dipstick on the tank's cap fill as indicated on the dipstick
If not marked then there is a serew in the "end" or "Side" of the tank and you remove the screw (if you can) fill till it drips, replae screw, replace dipstick, remove dipstick and using a Dremel or other engraving tool mark the level so you don't have to remove the (@Q * #&$#@Q screw trhe next time, Wipe it off well with a fluid soaked cloth or paper towel and replace.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Former Phantom Fixer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 06:57:43 AM »
My Power Gear book says to fill to the base of the filler neck.  I do this and the thing still buzzes at me.  I disconnected the float. 
I always do a walk around before I move the coach, anyway, so I don't worry about it.  That stupid float switch is like $90!
Wally Crow
Retired 30 year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »
I may have a spare float switch soon.  (Not yet decided) My Power gear pump is not generating proper pressure. Sooner or later I'll get some other issues (2) fixed and replace it with another company's product and a "T" fitting. and when I do.. I will either get the pump fixed (alwys nice to have a spare) or scrap it.

The original post said the thing only alarms on corners. This is classic low fulid, the switch IS working.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:00:26 AM by John From Detroit »
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.