Lippert is still having problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichardDRFPUF

I have a 2016 keystone with a Lippert frame that was manufactured in April 2016 (frame) and my frame  had a white line in the middle of it and over a few months it turned to rust. Then a few months later coming home from a trip and at dump station  I seen where the line was is now a 5 inch split in the frame on both sides and leafspring has come off on the rear half on one side and other side is cracked. Lippert won't  replace it and keystone won't  do anything and to make it worse keystone  voided my warranty now I am out a $25,000 Trailer and a $1000 extended warranty I got. I am now trying to find am attorney to help but no one wants to stand up to Lippert or keystone.                     
                Is there anyone else  out there having this problem  my dealer has had 1 more person that did 2 week after I reported my problem  thank you

Small claims court?  Don?t know what state your in, but most states $5000-$1000 limit. Any good truck frame or welding shop should be able to repair frame to much stronger than original for much less than that. I fish plated the frame and repaired the spring hangers on my BIL?s fiver ( rust and cracks) and I?m sure we didn?t have $300 in materials. Probably added couple hundred lbs. or so to trailer weight.
I would get it fixed and head to court with the receipts. Good shop will do an amazing job and I would think it would add to the value of the trailer considering the known Lippert problems.

Your not out anything except a few hundred dollars to hire a certified welder to to a solid repair.  Sounds like a flaw in the steel thst was used to make the frame out of.  Stuff happens.  Fix it and move on.  Your trailer is two years old now,  both Lippert ans Keystone both have a 1 year warranty, so there is no expectations of them fixing it for free.  When you first noticed something wrong you should have started the claim process, not now.

We report it at the 1 year but they didn't make up there mine about what to do until 3 weeks ago they sat on this for over 5 months and frame can't be  repaired that's the problem the box has to be removed and a new frame put under it. Then do the work inside to fix the walls ECT. Otherwise it's a total loss keystone said it would take over a 100 hours just to replace the frame.

Have you talked to your insurance agent that you have the RV insured with?

Do you have documentation of the issue being reported while under the 1 year warranty?
If you do, it may be worth consulting with an attorney.

I get your frustration, but we engage in an activity that has little regulation and oversight.  Buyer beware has never more real than in the travel trailer industry.  Personally I would take the above advice and have a good welder look at it and put it behind you.  Enjoy your trailer that's why you purchased it.

The only way to a big manufacturers heart:  Bad Publicity.  One of the RV magazines has a column where people report problems that are not being handled to their satisfaction and the magazine reporter gets into it and sees what the company has to say.  In many cases the problem is resolved to the satisfaction of the owner.  But be sure to identify the dealer and manufacturer in the complaint.

Otherwise - do you have it insured.  Your company could swing some weight in recouping their money if they pay off.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom