Pump Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marshall212

Good Morning,

I have the J/Pilot RV fuel card which allows me to start the pump and pay for fuel without going in. Does anyone know if Love's has a card similar to that? I have a Love's reward card but that is not capable of starting the pump.

I assume you mean for the dedicated truck diesel pump aisles, since any credit card works at the consumer gas & diesel pumps out front.  The Love's Express (LEX) card does that, but I don't know if they will issue one to a private RV owner.  It is billed as a "professional driver" service.  Has anybody here applied for one?

spoke with the fuel desk when I went to lunch.  At the AUTO pumps. which I use with my gasser A Credit/Debit card will fire it up at least for a limited amount (We did not discuss that and as my car only took 9 gallons I was no where near the limit)

At the Truck pumps if you have a COMMERCIAL card.. YES. but for RVers.. Well  NO, they are talking about it, but not yet.. Only COMMERCIAL Corporate account cards will start the pump.

I received this email yesterday:

Hello Marshall, thank you for your inquiry and your interest in Love's!

While our current program doesn?t disqualify RV drivers, it wasn?t initially designed to accommodate our RV guests. We no longer require a DOT number to secure a Pump Start card and that allows our RV guests to participate in the Pump Start and My Love Rewards programs. We offer points per gallon as well as drink refills and free showers for purchases that exceed 50 gallons. To qualify, your fuel purchase must be made on the commercial diesel side of our locations. Discounts on fuel are not part of the program, but we like to think that the points earned inside and outside go a long way toward the total cost of traveling. We?d like to be your stop of choice so please stop by any Love?s Travel Stop and pick up a My Love Rewards card at our diesel counter.

Thanks for reaching out to Love?s, we look forward to seeing you on the road!

I have not followed  up on requesting a card yet. Stay Tuned

Kindest regards,

Kiersten D.
Love's Travel Stops

Thanks for that feedback. I had heard that Love's might now issue their LEX card to a private RV, but not from any credible source. LEX card users pay the Cash Price, even when paying by card, so that is a discount of sorts. May still end up being more than what you would pay at the front islands, though.  But the guys that fuel out front don't get free showers inside...  ;)

I checked the Loves link posted above. The application process is far too complicated and they want far too much information for a simple credit card with a low limit of around $2,500. No ?love? for me, thanks.

By contrast, the Pilot/Flying J card was easy to get.

OK folks I finally have all this figured out. First of all, it is not a credit card. It is a pump start card. This means you can turn on the pump without going in but you will need to go in to pay for the fuel. If you normally go in for coffee, soda etc it is no big deal. If you are just fueling up then you will still need to go in to pay. My wife usually goes in for something to drink when we stop so it is beneficial for us.

Just wanted to follow up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom