Price of propane.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I needed to fill my 30 lb. propane tank. I checked with the CG and they said it would be $30.00. I then called a local gas company which is Amerigas. I used them last year.  They don't fill tanks anymore but last year I paid $26.00 which I thought was a deal compared to the CG. I had to call around to find another supplier and I ended up going to a Tractor Supply store. It cost $15.11. Now that's a deal I think. It was $2.29/Gal. What are other members paying?

A few months ago here in Florida I paid $2.89/gallon at an LP gas dealer and I thought that expensive. My local hardware store is $2.69, but I had to go to the other shop for a re-certification, so filled it up there too.  Last I checked the Tractor Supply Store here was $2.49, but they are 20 miles away.

State taxes can make a big difference, and there are regional differences as well. At an RV park, you usually pay for the convenience more than the propane.

The local tractor supply here in western Louisiana just put up a banner saying $2.99 / gal for propane, the local mom and pop propane distributor has it for $3 per gallon, but they will tend to round down to the nearest gallon on RV tanks.

$10 bucks for a 20# tank at our local Propane Dealer. (and they fill it full, not like the exchange tank places) 
But others in the area are $2.30 a gal..
I can get it for $1.80 a gal. for filling my 100 gal. tank in the summer (used for heating my polebarn) and it has been
as low as $1.50 a gal if you sign up for a certain amount..

Bob

I paid $3.49/gallon at the U-Haul dealer in Fernandina Beach, FL a couple of days ago. The fuel buying co-op we use for the bulk tank at our NY cottage is getting $2.53/gallon delivered.

Hi,

I paid $1.56/gallon for our last fill up but I have to drive the RV to the LP dealer for that. Also always a good idea to call ahead so someone is there that can fill your tank. I think when I was on my trip I paid $6 per gallon but they drove into the park I was staying at and filled. Ouch!

I have paid anywhere from $4.49 per gallon (in town LA) to a low of 2.29
at TSC in Solvang CA this summer. I can usually get it from camping world
for about 2.89 when they have their 20% off Tuesdays. Again in the greater LA area.

I paid $60.00 for 2  30lb tanks here in Naples Fl, yesterday. This included two recerts though and they did not price out the recerts separately. They claimed there is no charge for a recert IF you buy the gas from them but.....

$4.29/gal.

I think 5 years ago I paid about $10 for a recert  from them so using that number it would bring the price to about $2.85/gal. The current price at the local Tractor Supply is $2.19. The KOA nearby is charging $3.65 currently.

Have you tried Costco? In Canada, they're normally the least expensive. Looking at the other replies, it looks like propane is quite expensive in the US compared to your northern neighbors. I'm living in a Jayco Pinnacle during a major renovation on my home, and I had two 800 lb tanks installed by the trailer (eventually they'll be hooked up to the house for the kitchen stove and living room fireplace). A bulk supplier charges me 49 cents a lb which is good since we're having a cold winter here in Cape Breton and I need the furnace.

I can put all you pikers to shame.  When we were at Southern Oaks park in Florida in December, the propane truck came by so I told him to fill it up.  I mean, how much can it be ?  A lot I found out.  Ready for this,,, $6.30 a gallon,,,, I got a bit weak in the knees when he handed me the bill.  YIKES !!!!!

22 gallons for $38.50 (1.75 per gallon) at Timber Valley in Sutherlin, Oregon.  The SKP park does not make a profit on propane.  Price per gallon is much higher at one of the local gas stations.

Back
Top Bottom