Do you know anything about MD's 'full disclosure' law?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MLCBFarrell

I'm going to throw this question out there and see if anyone knows anything about this, or has even heard of it.

When hubby and I bought our '05 Excursion last year, we purchased it in MD (we live in VA). At the time of purchase, I asked the salesman if he knew where it had come from or why it had been traded in (we bought it used). He told me that since I was specifically asking, he had to tell me that MD was a 'full disclosure' state, which meant that he had to give us this info. I did note that he didn't OFFER to tell me that they had this rule, but did tell me when I asked about the history of the truck.  He pulled out a LARGE ledger book, and in it were written all the vehicles they had on the lot, where they came from (whether they were a trade in, bought at auction, etc.), and if there was any damage. When he showed us our truck in the book, it mentioned a scratch on the roof of the truck. There was no way to notice this because the truck sits SO high, but once we climbed onto the running boards we were able to see it. It wasn't bad enough to deter us from buying, especially for the deal that we got!

I'm curious, is anyone familiar with this, and does anyone know if this same rule applies to an RV purchased in the state? I'm thinking that if this rule does apply to RV's, it would give a potential purchaser a little peace of mind when looking at a used unit.

Like I said, I'm just curious about this!  ;D

Thanks,
LuAnn

Well... Most states have a law that says the salesman can not lie to you. Thus if you ask for full disclosure they have to give.

Else you have a case for misrepensation of product and can sue them... All civil though, not criminal.

Back
Top Bottom