Another KOA Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperPI

On our recent trip to Florida we traveled from PA down US Route 77.  Just before we got to Charolette we called to Richmond Hills, GA KOA and made a reservation for the night.  Right after making the call and refueling I learned that I had picked up a large screw in my trailer tire which needed to be repaired.  We stopped at a service station just south of Charolette which just happened to have a KOA.  After making arrangements for AAA to repair the tire we decided to stay at this KOA and called to cancel the previous reservation.
Being a member of KOA I didn't think this would be a problem.
When we contacting the Richmond Hills KOA on I-95, we were told that we could not cancel the reservation that we made 40 minutes earlier and would have to pay the full amount.

On my future trips to Florida I will definately avoid KOA's and warn my other RV friends of this attitude toward campers. 

Just another reason to not make reservations.  I quit making them years ago.  Never had trouble getting a spot but once and after seeing to place was glad I didn't./

Find out if GA has a 3 day rule.

Many states give you 3 days (72 hours) to change your mind before any aggrement is enforced.

You may have an actionable case

Just remember the final words of most every warranty or guarantee ever written:

"You may have other rights which vary from state to state"

Trust me. You do

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom