Great North American RV Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sifl-n-olly

Is this rally really thee rally among all other rallies? It seems to be billed that way, but I haven't found much talk about it on this site. If this rally is not the king of all rallies, which one do you think is?

Personally we would be more likely to attend RV Forum rallies and FMCA rallies  and American Coach rallies many times over before we would attned the subject rally.  I suspect that signing up will open up the potential of getting blasted with Junk mail from the Affinity Group (GS, Camping World etc).

The Great North American RV rally has never interested us very much.  Most of the people on this Forum tend to attend FMCA rallies, their own coach-sponsored rallies (Monaco, American Coach, Country Coach, etc.), Escapee Escapades, and our own RV Forum rallies.  I don't believe I've ever met anyone who has attended the G.N.A.RV rally (someone is bound to prove me wrong on this).  I think it encompasses every conceivable type of RV so it's very large and non-specific, although I can remember when they started and were quite small.  At that time I wondered why they were organizing it.  I just didn't find it very appealing.

Most of us who have been RVing for a long time probably prefer more specific rallies, meaning specific to our own coach (Monaco) or RV type (Family Motor Coach Association or FMCA), and other groups who have interests in common with our own.  For example, Escapees started because fulltimers needed a means of having an on-the-road "family" who could help one another deal with fulltiming issues.  Our own Forum started with people who had an interest in both RVs and computers, and more specifically, in exchanging information on how to communicate with family and friends while on-the-road.  Our Forum has many informal subgroups.  For example, a number of the women are quilters or do other crafts.  Just like any other group, we want to be among like-minded and compatible people who enjoy being together, whether it is crafts, hiking, four-wheeling, or whatever.  The difference between us and the other rallies is that the others are sponsored by some type of formal organization, whereas we're an informal group who met on the internet and get together for both friendship and exchange of technical information related to our chosen lifestyle.

ArdraF

We have attended the Great North American Rally several times.  I find them fascinating!  I love the variety of rigs in the  camping areas.  Once we parked next to a couple in a small camper and  a trailer was on the other side.  Interesting people.  The parking is different as they seem to allow more space in the  area assigned to you than at FMCA rallies.  Many of the vendors are the same in both  kinds of rallies.  I found it fun to look inside of toy haulers, fifth wheels and smaller vans for potential of one day changing  the kind of RVing we do. There is  a bigger variety of rigs  to look at than at a FMCA rally.  The entertainment is  fantastic.  The activiites are really fun.  RVers are good people no matter what kind of rally you attend.

I  think  the recommendations from those of us who have been there personally are more informative than from those who have not attended.  We do not get any junk mail from the Good Sam Group.

Betty Brewer

We have attended most FMCA semi-annual conventions for the last 9 years, never any "The Rally". We belong to a number of FMCA chapters and have a number of friends in them that we enjoy meeting each year.

We will be attending both rallies this year, both in Redmond, OR, one in July one in August. We were particularyly attracted to "The Rally" this year by the entertainment. Much better than FMCA's. From an educational/shopping stand point, the FMCA conventions are outstanding, can't comment yet on "The Rally".

If you are a motorhome owner, the top rally(s) are the FMCA national rallys or even the major FMCA regional ones and the "international area" rally.

If you have a trailer, the Great North American Rally may be it.  We attended one on a day pass (we lived near by), just to tour the RV displays and look at what was on offer in the accessory vendor sales tents

We have attended the Great North American Rally several times.

Now wouldn't you know it.  Proven wrong again!  ;)  You're right, Betty, those of us who haven't attended can't comment, except as to why we haven't been attracted to it.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom