Magnum Series 1212 Inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

Anyone having a problem with subject inverter produced in 2015?  I recently had to replace mine after less than three years, which includes eight months in storage in a temperature controlled warehouse with batteries disconnected.  As it was out of warranty, I had Fleetwood replace it, and discovered the replacement was also produced in 2015.  I sent the inverter to Magnum, and they said it was bad, but have been unable to get them to send me the report as to what went bad and the root cause, so the same problem will not repeat itself.  The replacement inverter has no warranty as the warranty covers the original purchaser (REV - Fleetwood) for two years after date of purchase.

I had to replace my I think 2000 series inverter last summer. If it was original it would have been 10 yo. I called Magnum and they told me to take it to one of their repair facilities. That was a 2 hr drive and the repair facility told me the inverter portion of the inverter/charger failed. Apparently the computer board went south. He wanted $700 to replace the board. The charger portion was fine. Being it was about half the price to fix it vs a new one I replaced the entire unit.

Since this is the second unit you've had to deal with I would probably call Magnum and get suggestions on what to do. Maybe be persistent and explain to them that you don't want this to happen again and perhaps they'll research why your original one failed.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I finally received the report from Magnum, which I don't understand, but am going to show it to someone who will and go from there.  As I stated originally, the new replacement was made in the second quarter of 2015, the same year as the original. Am also going to pursue Fleetwood as to why they claimed the original one was good when it failed four times with their technician, and on the fifth time it worked, so they said it was okay.  I insisted they replace it, for which they charged me over $1000.00 for a part that cost them $350.00.

Back
Top Bottom