Rear view camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

GoKota

Is there a special "wireless" camera that can be both back up and full time rear view?
I'd like to mount one looking out the rear window and another one looking at the pin box for hooking up.

Welcome to the Forum!

If I am reading this right, you want to mount two cameras which use a common monitor.  The short answer is yes.

My GPS is a Magellan RV760, and it will support up to 4 remote, wireless cameras.  I do not use this option, but it is available.

Have you checked Amazon?  Try something like RV remote camera or RV side view camera.

Good Luck!

That's correct. Two camera's and one common monitor.
I would prefer a stand alone system over an "app" type operation.
There are so many on Ebay and they range from cheap to mortgage cost. I was told the good view ones are at least $300.

Which models are you looking at?  If you post that, likely someone will have better input on specific brands or products.

I had a Yada backup camera on a car that I really liked.

The GPS I referenced is not an app, but another screen display to clutter the dash.  It can display the GPS or either camera.

grashley said:
Welcome to the Forum!

If I am reading this right, you want to mount two cameras which use a common monitor.  The short answer is yes.

My GPS is a Magellan RV760, and it will support up to 4 remote, wireless cameras.  I do not use this option, but it is available.

Have you checked Amazon?  Try something like RV remote camera or RV side view camera.

Good Luck!

Did you mean to say Garmin RV760?

a new Ford is available with 6 cameras including one in the box for hooking up a 5er and one for the rear of the trailer  - although its a little more expensive than a Garmin but it will also have Nav indash not ondash lol

im pretty sure GM is planning the same thing real soon but it was one of the reasons i bought my Ford when i did - i had 17 GMs in a row before i switched

RE: ... "wireless" camera that can be both back up and full time rear view?  Sure.  When I pulled a 5er I wired my Garmin 760 (blue tooth connection) to the running lights rather than the backup lights. Since I would run with my lights on all the time, I always had a rear view if I opted for that, instead of the map, on the GPS.  I do not know if the Garmin supports more than one camera though.

The GARMIN 760  GPS with the BC20 allows just the one camera.  The same GPS allows up to 4 model BC30 cameras.

X - You are correct.  I lost my mind for a bit.  Found it laying on the counter, so all is good again.

Back
Top Bottom