Goodyear Tire on motorhomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes!  Makes you wonder how many similar situations are out there that we don't have a clue about.

At least I can avoid the G159's now that I know about them.

I did a quick google search, and sure enough you can still find them for sale.

Cheers,

Dan K.

DanKearney said:
Yikes!  Makes you wonder how many similar situations are out there that we don't have a clue about.

At least I can avoid the G159's now that I know about them.

I did a quick google search, and sure enough you can still find them for sale.

Cheers,

Dan K.

The article states "the G159 was made until 2003, when Goodyear stopped production of the tire. " Does that make the tires for sale now 15 yrs old and when Fleetwood and Monaco were putting those tires on in 2000 they were already 7 years old and sold as new.

"Here?s one driver who bought a motorhome in 2012 with G159s. NHTSA?s most recent complainant on file relays ?three separate incidents? with the tire in 2010 ?where the sidewalls blow out.? The G159 is readily available to buy online, if you know where to look."  Those tires would have been at least 9 years old!!

I guess it is important to date check your tires even when buying new.
When I bought my Toyo's I had been looking at goodyears and the dealer assured me they were "fresh " tires but when I got to their warehouse and date checked thetires myself I found many of them had been sitting there for 5 years on some tires.

Am I missing something?? Maybe the article is not correct or what is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom